thirty-four

Zoya walked with Harry in the Dark Forest. Not far from them, Hagrid was walking with Hermione and Ron. Harry was aimlessly looking down at the ground as Hagrid spoke, "So I remember, I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I've ever set eyes on. Always reminded me of myself a little. And here we all are, four years later."

"We're still misfits!" Zoya said to him.

"Maybe. But we've all got each other, and Harry of course. Soon to be! The youngest! Triwizard champion there's ever been! Hooray!" Hagrid happily said as he began to sing.

Ron and Hermione joined in as Zoya stayed silent on her walk with Harry. She looked over to him and nudged him lightly, "You alright?" She asked. Before he could respond, Harry winced and touched his scar. Her eyes widened, "Harry?"

She stepped on something unfamiliar. She looked down and removed her foot from a hat. She picked it up and dusted it off. Her and Harry walked around a tree, and found Barty Crouch lying on the ground lifeless.

From inside the castle, Lorelei and Cedric were sat on a couch inside the library by a fire drinking hot coco. It was quiet times like this was Lorelei treasured.

Cedric suddenly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small and delicate chain. He gave it to her, "I got this made for you..." He shyly said.

Lorelei sat down her mug and took the golden necklace with a locket in the center. She opened it up, and saw that it had the photograph she took of Cedric by the tree. Lorelei grinned ear to ear, "If you don't like it I understand, I-I almost didn't have it made because it felt really self centered to give my girlfriend a locket with my face but I had one made of you and-"

"Cedric." She softly cut off, "I love it."

He sighed in relief, and pulled a chain out from under his sweater. It was the same one, "Good. That would have made things a bit awkward."

"Are you going to help me put it on?" She quietly asked.

Cedric jumped up from his spot and took the necklace from her. She turned her back to him, and felt the cool metal against her skin. He clipped the necklace together and she turned around, "Thank you."

Lorelei could see the bags under his eyes, which were highlighted through the fire they were next to. She brought her hand to his face softly, "It's stressing you out, isn't it?" She quietly asked.

"A little, yeah. Just don't like that they used actual people for the task..."

"I can't exactly say I'm pleased either, but we're all okay now."

Cedric laid back on the couch and Lorelei crawled over to him, lying down and resting her head on his chest. He placed a tender kiss on her forehead and softly rubbed her back.

The two dozed off, and were awaken by Professor McGonagall. She shot up from the couch and looked at the Professor, who's arms were crossed with a disapproving look, "It is past your bedtimes."

"Sorry, Professor, time got away from us." Cedric said.

"A fickle thing, time is." She replied, "Off to bed."

Cedric passed McGonagall, and Lorelei was stopped before she could follow him out.

"Miss Malfoy, I just wanted to say that your performance this year has been nothing short of excellent. Despite the harshness from your classmates, you have always been the bigger person. Headmaster Dumbledore and I are quite proud of you."

Lorelei looked at her awkwardly, "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because sometimes, you just need to hear that you are doing a good job." She said in her usual posh voice, "Now, off to bed you go!"