ch.16 Ten inch

I woke up early the next morning, unable to stand rolling around in bed, thinking of what I had to say to Harry and what I had said to Liam. I wished nothing had changed. I wished everyone was just back to square one and that I hated Harry and liked Liam. But I knew I couldn’t change last night. I couldn’t change it because I didn’t want it to change.

I washed up and went downstairs.

Danny was over the stove, scrambling enough eggs to feed a mini tazmanian devil.

“Hey,” he called.

“Hi,” I answered.

“Look I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to be so- angry,” Danny apologized. He apologized for his anger? Wow. 

“It’s ok,” I smiled, nodding my head slowly.

 Danny smiled back warmly. We had breakfast and I washed the dishes.

“The boys will be here later on. We’re gonna finish Tony’s bike,” Danny told me as he took a seat on the couch.

I almost dropped the plate I was washing.

“What?” I asked for repition, even though I very well heard correctly.

“They’re coming at 2-ish,” he added, ignoring my question.

“Ok….Will um- Harry be there?” I asked

Danny looked at me a moment. He never looked away from the T.V. on a Saturday morning, especially not when old Keenan and Kel episodes were on re-run.

 I started scrubbing the pot harder, wishing I hadn’t said anything.

“Yeah…Why?” Danny asked slowly, but not too suspiciously.

“Oh, I just thought that maybe he was still sick, from last night, you know” I lied, but it wasn’t too far from the truth. I didn’t know what Harry was going to do or say after what he did and told me last night.

Danny seemed satisfied with my answer and turned his attention back to the T.V.

“Yeah, he’s fine. He said he got some fresh air last night. It really stirred him up” Danny answered casually.

I felt my cheeks burn and I looked down into the soapy pile of dishes. I started to do busy work, cleaning my room, doing the laundry, random chores to pass the time and take my mind off of what I would have to do or say to Harry.

The doorbell rang.

My heart sunk in my chest as quickly as it fluttered.

“I got it,” Danny answered as he ran up to the door.

“Ay guys! Woah? Is that the bike?” I heard Danny exclaim as he closed the front door and went to the garage.

“My baby’s getting there. She just needs a good paint job and a few more squeezes to get those last kinks out” Tony said as he grinned happily at the bike.

“Heh, yeah, then we can ride her down the sunset,” Niall laughed as he took another swig of his drink.

“Angela!” I heard Danny call.

Oh God.

I went to the garage. It must have been the longest walk of my life.  

I don’t really know why but I was angry at Harry. I almost wanted to punch him square in the face for kissing me.  How could he have kissed me? He has no right to my heart flutter like a love-struck butterfly. He has no goddamn right to hold me the way he had. To make me melt against the rigidity of his chest and fit his body like an old puzzle that had been dying to be put together....