『1』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙲

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
ONE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
MIMIC
*:・゚*:・゚

|___________________________|

[[ CARMEN. ]]

[[ THE BAHAMAS ISLANDS 📍 ]]

"Are you ready?" Ace spoke over the booming bass of the speakers.

I had shielded the bright neon lights from getting into my eyes, nodding as we both ecstatically stared at rows of whiskey shots that were propped on the table just for us.

"No shit!" I hollered over the sound of the reggae music.

"One, two, th—"

Before Ace could finish counting, I had picked up the first shot, shooting each one down the gullet as I screamed out in victory as Ace had finished all four of his right after me, both of us in giggles as we bounced up and down to the music in each other's embrace.

Drunkenly phased by the alcohol that surged my veins, I grunted, pushing Ace a distance away from me slowly as I had staggered back and forth into the crowd of dancing people.

As I get further away from the crowd, I plopped myself onto the white sand, sighing. I closed my eyes, the breeze taking me into a state of tranquility. Suddenly, my cellphone, (which I had been strictly told not to use to make any outgoing calls,) lighted up and vibrated in the pocket of my striped dress. Deciphering whether or not to answer it, I fished it out of my cotton pocket, with a groan. I hadn't glanced at it once, feeling my head spinning. I gripped my forehead with the other hand, aimlessly sliding my finger onto the screen as I pressed it to my ear.

"Yo, if this is State Farm telling me to renew my insurance one more fucking time, I never signed up for it!" I slurred, throwing my other hand into the air as I ended up laughing endlessly. I threw my head back, kicking my feet goofily into the sand.

This hadn't exactly been the first time I had replied to a State Farm voicemail randomly while under the influence.

"Carmen, it's bad fucking news, okay. Are you listening to me?"

"I told you I'm not interested in whateeever insurance plan you have assured for me!" I hollered, feeling all warm inside. "And wait, this voicemail sounds a little new... What the hell." I continued to burst into giggles as I pressed a hand to my mouth. "Max? Have you been hacking into company IP's again?" I realized that voice was familiar.

"No. Hey! What happened to never speaking of it again? Are you drunk?"

"Drunk, I am very." I blurted out, burping. I was about to giggle again before he interrupted me rushfully.

"Listen to me now, okay? The FBI must've been waiting for this moment all along, but my controls backfired, they just did. They took over the entire system on my tracker and they got onto the call that Dixie and Harry were on. We're just about fucking done fo—"