『4』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙸𝚃 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝚃𝙰𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
FOUR
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
TIT FOR
TAT
*:・゚*:・゚

|__________________________|

[[ MAX. ]]

The last of my cigarette burnt, as I winced slightly, flicking it outside the window by my side. Vera sat across me on the floor, legs crossed as she leaned back onto the mattress.

"So are you sure this'll work?" She muttered, her foot nudging my ankle for my attention as I glanced over at her in a cigarette haze.

"Well, you see, I incorporated this HTML coding, that resembles this protective layer that keeps all our devices either on an anonymous number that's been idled, or just blocked completely to an unknown ID, and that should keep us cloaked for texts, for phone calls, all of it. That HTML coding's been uploaded and tethered to everyone's phones and stuff, including the tracking system itself, tethered by this alternate HTML that's just slightly different." I explained to her, motioning my hands as I leaned back my head onto the wall.

"I think that means we're hidden. Off the map, correct?" Vera mused, tucking a strand of her black hair behind her ear.

"It should stay this time around." I exhaled. "I'm certain it should."

"You did it. You totally fucking mimicked the cloaking code to cloak the concealment coding itself." She said, chuckling as she smirked at me. "You've talked about it before, in the library, frazzled. So frazzled."

"Harry wasn't the only one who anticipated it then, that inevitable loophole we'd all get caught up in. You remembered?"

"Of course I did, Maxwell." She sighed.

"Well, like, we were just friends then." I chuckled, reaching my hand over to hers as she intertwined our fingers. I pulled her closer as she scooted over to nuzzle into my chest. "You know, I honestly felt like you never really paid that kind of attention to me that way." I'm pulled into thought.

"Well have you ever thought you'd just be looking away when I'd be gazing at you?"

I tilted her chin towards me, kissing her tenderly, and in that moment it felt like time stopped. That all these tracking systems paused, cops on the chase, on dirty streets of Brooklyn froze in place, and the soft conversations from the room beside us faded out into white noise.

We're both interrupted by pounds on the open door, Ace pointing at both of us as he cocked his head towards the living room. "We're going to need the both of you in the room for this too. Now can we save the sappy smooches for fucking later?"

"Do I want to know what that means? No. Am I going to take my girl's hand and walk into that fucking living room? Yes. So this better be good."

"It's going to take every single one of us for this. Harry agrees too."

Vera sighed, glaring at Ace as her fingers traced down my neck and lingers onto my chest. She looked back at me, my eyes trailing on her pursed lips.