『16』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙻𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
SIXTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
RELENTLESS
HEART
*:・゚*:・゚

|___________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

My fingertips traced the crinkled paper tentatively. I barely grasped the hours that passed, thinking about what could be in these letters, and asking myself subconsciously that if these hours were up, I would've already read the letters he wrote by now if my heart desired it. Though I didn't read them; the intent was replaced by racing thoughts, emptier and further in the distance by each hesitating moment.

I took a leap of faith, one not so distant from familiarity and I shakily sighed, feeling the tears already come on. How would a leap of faith leap unfaithfully? Perhaps, I didn't know the answer, but to my impending dismay, I couldn't shake the curiosity of what he would've told me a shore away. The answer would either set me free or cage me in misery.

My fingers traced over the slight imprint of the words he wrote to me before I began to read the first letter.

February 13th, 2022

My everything,

It's not the same without you. Every night, I wake up during the hours that drifted away before dawn wakes. I try to reach for you, but you're nowhere to be seen. It kills me to think of it, we were left with no choice. You were going to die on that ship, Dixie. It was the biggest failure I could ever know, yearning to keep you by my side but only being the culprit to my ghastly fears. I thought my only downfall was losing to the external forces, I was so sure of it until the day I met you. That day, the momentum that I thought I knew of was nothing but a distant wish. Without a doubt, you were golden, absolutely just golden. I had to know you. I'm afraid I was left with no choice either and you fascinated me with no end. Though I saw a life with you outside of the heist; you weren't this rebellious mark in history or the dangers that came with it, you were someone I fell for. As much as I regret not being able to find your beautiful soul beyond the battlefield, this deep contemplation that it would've been much better for us in another life, consumed me helplessly. My hands ache from the memoria of tiresome nights, perhaps from the chilling trauma of the cold and whipping winds of the bare Atlantic. My heart aches because you deserved better than all of this. Will I find you? Please wait for me, somewhere an ocean away.

For a love afire,

- Harry Edward Styles