『2』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙴𝚂

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
TWO
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE GIRL
WITH THE
DAISIES
*:・゚*:・゚

|_________________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

[[ DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 📍 ]]

As I'm walking down the dirtied pavement, aimlessly staring ahead, I find myself glancing over my shoulder for another time within the past five minutes before I turned the street. My phone rings again, and it's Harry. He hadn't rung in the past thirteen hours and in all honesty, it had scared the living shit out of me. When it was the last thing I thought I'd be doing, here I was, giving in so easily to Harry and whatever hurricane that he may muster up headed over to where I am. Though the conversation was curt, there wasn't much to say with this lingering feeling that something about it had been wrong.

"Harry, this better be good. Because you haven't called me in the past thirteen hours, okay?" Slight agitation laced my poised words with an annoyance that only cradled the intention of wanting to hear his voice again. I needed to know that him and I were safe. Not only the both of us but what about Max? Ace? Vera? Carmen? It was so long since the last time I had seen them in the flesh that I genuinely dwelled on how things carried along with them, whatever part of the world they may be at.

"Look, I wasn't sure if it was safe too alright? I'll keep it short, and you've got to trust me. The telephone. Fuck." Harry grimly expressed with anxiety.

"What? What about the telephone? The—oh." I realized it quicker than I intended.

"Soon, you understand? There's a way for me to find you and get to you. Just keep your senses heightened, do you hear me?"

"Okay." I exhaled. I stopped dead in my tracks, overlooking the most beautiful flower arrangements, my heart sinking. I didn't realize how much I had wanted to get some of my own from a lover, though it always seemed like Harry and I never had a moment away from the chaos, because it followed with something derranged and bent on a curse of a ride.

"I love you, Dixie." Harry wearily said.

"I love you. Harry." I spoke in choppy sentences, as my attention was averted as soon as I saw a familiar face, with the fox blue eyes and the resting face that seemed to always radiate sarcasm and an abundant nonchalance. It was Clementine Turner, though I never knew I'd end up finding the girl in such a setting, if anything I didn't want to assume, but the butch girl had me doing a double take. She had been leaning over the front desk, scribbling a pen on a notepad, as she had ripped it in frustration and slammed the phone back into the threshold. Clementine was in the middle of crumpling the piece of paper and tossing it into the purple can beside the desk when I had decided to walk inside.

The bell chimed from above the door as I gazed up at the pastel pink bell above my head. "Are you open?" I glanced around the empty floral store, looking over at her.

She locked eyes with me, her eyebrows quirking up. Clementine scoffed. "Well if it isn't the damsel in distress. Unbelievably small world we have, don't we?" She sat back into her high stool.