『8』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙼'𝚂 𝙴𝙳𝙶𝙴

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
EIGHT
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
BRIM'S
EDGE
*:・゚*:・゚

|___________________________|

[[ IVY. ]]

I was huddled around by these fiends unto no escape. Before I could even think to open my phone again, the boy who taped me by the mouth snatched it unapologetically.

"You'll get it back before you leave, rest assured." He said to me, reassuringly. The expression on his face was as cold as ice, just as everyone who looked me in the eye inside this sketchy scooby-themed van. I couldn't say a word, not one with this tape on tight, but I was this close to an emotional breakdown.

"Look, Ivy. Calm down. How many times do I have to tell you we aren't going to hurt you?"

"Since when is holding a gun to my temple not hurting me? You're all crazy." I spoke over the tape on my mouth. "Crazy people."

"We just want to have a conversation. Of course, if that's if we know you're trustable to have one." Vera told me.

"Anything, of course. Anything, if that means you'll let me go."

"Code of honor here, kid." Max exhaled, hopping out of the front seat, as he slid the door open, looking me in the eyes. "We have this conversation. When we do, you're obligated to keep what we say inside the apartment, and only inside the apartment."

I stayed silent, looking away to where the girl with long wavy hair had spoke to a tall boy with disheveled brown hair.

"We aren't sure if this girl knows anything, Harry." She said.

"It's worth a shot, alright? She does or she doesn't, we need insight on the inside of Starlight Security." The British boy spoke in a hushed tone.

"Yeah I understand that alright, but best believe I was that innocent girl facing the team not knowing a single goddamn thing, okay? We can't just charge and expect this girl to comply. Just let me talk to her." Dixie pleaded. "Please?"

"Okay." Harry said, taking a step back as she walked over to the van, meeting my fearful gaze.

"I'm Dixie. Dixie Ryder. I'm sorry, for all of this. And I'm sorry you were taken against your own will but we're desperate here. We're desperate for answers, and we need you to believe us." She told me, her brown eyes softening. "May I?" She had motioned at the tape.

I nodded slowly, yet somewhat skeptical as to why this girl hadn't sounded like a threat whatsoever.

"There we go. Clementine, our friend? She's got the best coffee maker in the whole city, we can cook a pot and talk. I understand this entire encounter was unlikely for you, believe me. Ivy, right?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Cool. Don't fret, alright? Follow me."

"I-I don't know if I can trust you."

"I've got you. Okay? We overstepped some boundaries, possibly more than just boundaries, but believe it or not—"