『11』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
ELEVEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
LETTERS
*:・゚*:・゚

|__________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

Droplets of rain tickled my numbed and cold cheeks as I stepped out of the taxi cab. I looked up to the sky feeling somewhat forsaken, though mislead was an understatement understating the state of mind that enveloped me. I was en route, straight to freedom and even when it felt far from it, it was fucking close to it. I couldn't help but think about Harry, the thoughts going through his mind when he'd realize I was no longer there though. A part of me wished he'd let me, but as conflicting as it got maybe he'd run for his life hoping and begging me with words that resembled daggers just the way I knew he always would. It was almost clear as day to me, his words that held me down strong with such ease; little did I know they were the inevitable warning signs that he'd fail me someday. I just had no idea it'd be today.

[[ 3.5 MINUTES AFTER D-DAY ]]

I had moaned and screamed out in excruciating pain as the bullet lodged in my side began burning, stinging, and coming on harsher in waves. My gaze fixated on the dark skies that hung above me, my eyesight beginning to black out though I refused to go lightly. My adrenaline was refusing to release me from its grasp. I felt myself slowly sinking into the cold and wet sand.

My breathing had been ragged, a forced inhale, and shallow exhales, though it was my very lifeline. When I looked down at my hand drenched in blood, trickling to my forearm in bouts, my hand began to shake vigorously, a drowning regret taking over me. What it had all been worth, my love, my everything had dwindled to nothing. What I grasped to be minutes stretched excruciatingly to hours, days, weeks, and months. It had felt like I was bleeding out on this sand for an eternity, tears drowning me further; sinking me. Until hope found me, and it was a flashlight, waving in slow motion from side to side as everything blurred.

"H-help me." I gasped for air, my voice as faint as the sound of the shore. The body that towered over me had looked like nothing but a misguided ghost, my eyes then slowly closing unto pitch black darkness.

━☽【❖】☾━

[[ 14 HOURS AFTER D-DAY ]]

Pigments of meshed color had been the first sense of sight that came over me when my eyes opened, sunlight from the window beside me nearly blinding me. I blinked rapidly, using my fingers to shield the brightness as I scrunch my nose.