『18』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚉𝚉𝙻𝙴𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙰𝚃 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙾𝙰𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚
CHAPTER
EIGHTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
EMBEZZLEMENT
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
AT HIS 
THROAT
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|____________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

With shallow breaths, I try to unknot the rope around my wrists again, hoping this time it'd work. Though it didn't. Of course it didn't. However, what I wasn't going to do was sit here tied down to this chair, with this sack over my head any longer. I might as well have tried everything I could.

I immediately froze, and then jolted in surprise at the sound of a door opening and then closing, followed by an echo of slow threatening footsteps.

I gasped sharply when the twine sack over my head was harshly pulled off.

"Who are you?" I asked her, this time with force and unapologetically. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Do you know what you just did?"

"I'm aware. Why so sharp-tongued? It's not like you had anywhere you were going." She shrugged neutrally. Her cool and calm way of carrying herself agitated me more by every passing moment. "Waiting around like a lost puppy."

"My boyfriend was coming to get me. He was. This was my only shot at seeing him, and you ruined it."

"Relax. Cops aren't hounds, they don't just bite when you think they will. You're paranoid to the core, sleepless. The dark circles underneath your eyes says it all." 

My shoulders slightly eased, though I frowned at her stubbornly. "So you know too." I scoffed, not surprised. "And why would you be helping me or the people I'm affiliated with?"

"Woah." She chuckled cynically, holding a hand in front of her to stop me from talking. "Let's get this straight, I don't help a no good thief, claiming to be this anti-heroic vigilante. And that's the same for all of you. The Velvetina Mafia's nothing but talk, hype, and seething lies, arbored by privilege and pent up aggression. To help you, and your whole gang isn't in my best interest. I do empathize with you, as someone who was once a hostage inside that national bank, it's obvious this isn't the life you wanted, so perhaps peace of mind would do you some good."

"It seems like all that everyone's been telling me is how I should go about judgement through hellfire and back. I believe we have a single thing in common, and it's that you know nothing of me either."

She stared at me intensely for a silent moment, before she simpered. "You're at the very core of this God given earth. The center."

"You're so full of it."

"Relax. You'll see him again." She slowly walked away. "You're sure of it too."

I was left speechless, my fear washing away, only turning into aggravated anger that had my jaw locked by gritted teeth as I shouted until my throat ached. "Fuck you. Fuck you."

"Shut up. Nobody can hear you Dixie. Now you'd be one to imagine that. Surely."

I shot her a glare, and watched the self-righteous girl sway outside of the room.