"That is not Technoblade."

The only sound that came from the Snowchester Mansion that night was the scraping of plates, chewing food, and Michael explaining his day, everyone silently nodding occasionally. The awkward tension stayed, though the small piglin seemed to be immune to it, like how Tommy was back then.

Almost finished the dinner, another knock came to the door.

"Phil I swear to fucking Prime if that is Technoblade at my door." Tubbo threatened, standing up. He stomped over to the door, harshly opening it.

"That is not Technoblade." Tubbo squeaked. In front of him stood a woman who seemed to be made of shadows, ghosts and ghouls circling around her head. She wore a wide rimmed black sunhat, with a black veil covering her face. She had robes of black as well, which were touched with gold. She had a cool, deathly breeze waving off of her, making Tubbo shiver. He stood up taller, body tensed.

"I am not Technoblade. Does a certain Tommyinnit live here?" She asked, voice echoing, a creepy tone in it yet welcoming and friendly at the same time. Tubbo was seriously put off by her.

"Why?" Tubbo questioned, holding his ground.

"He would be my nephew, of some sorts." She explained letting her hands fall from holding them behind her back to her sides. Tubbo could see black jewellery on them, with a shiny gold ring on her ring finger. 

"How would I know you're not lying?" Tubbo snapped back, staring her right in the eye, and she looked back. In that moment, he saw flashes. Souls coming out of bodies, rowing weeping people across the horizons, dancing amongst the stars, and some bright blue eyes in the middle of it all.

"I am the goddess of death, but I suppose you could call me Kristen." Kristen introduced. Tubbo took a step back, shrinking away a little. Who could they sacrifice to Death? Not Tommy or Ranboo, and he would rather than Michael to go. They could throw Phil at Death. Maybe she could take the old guy that none of them liked.

"Tubbo? Who's at the door?" Ranboo called. Tubbo looked over to Ranboo's voice then back at Kristen, or Death.

"I think the goddess of Death is here." Tubbo replied. "Kristen."

In seconds, Phil peeked out of the dining room.

"My beloved!" The man shouted, walking over to hug her. She hugged back, as Tommy and Ranbop emerged from the room holding Michael.

"What the living fuck is going on." Tommy deadpanned. Michael pulled his hair, making him wince in pain and pull Michael away, handing the kid to Ranboo. Phil and Death split the hug.

"Kristen, what're you doing here?" Phil wondered.

"I thought to visit Tommy! I haven't seen him since he was created!" Kristen answered, turning to look at them.

"Created?" Tommy cocked his head. 

"From the stars, the sun, the moon!" Kristen exclaimed. She faltered when all three of them gave her a look. "You don't know, do you?"

"No?" Ranboo shook his head. "What do you mean, Tommy was created?"

"His mother is a goddess. He was created out of a dying star, the birth of a sun, and the brightest comet." Kristen explained. "She passed him along to me, and I gave him to Phil for safekeeping, as it is not safe to raise gods in the midst of gods. It does not give them a sense of mortality if they are raised in the heavens."

"What?" Tubbo still did not understand. His fiancé was made of space shit and was a god?

"Gods can create life from their materials. Clara is the goddess of space, imagination, and isolation, forever cursed to be alone." Kristen replied. "She didn't want to be. So, Clara made a child, when she realized that future gods had to be raised alongside mortals before becoming gods, she gave the child to me, to hand to a mortal I trust. Technically, Phil is not mortal, but he has experience."

"Yeah, and Phil did an amazing job raising me." Tommy scoffed.

"Tommy..." Phil wavered.

"What?" Kristen turned to the winged man.

"I was raised by my brother!" Tommy sighed. "I fought in wars at age eleven. And where were you, Phil? Oh right. Off on another adventure with Technoblade."

"Philza Minecraft." Kristen's voice turned to cold but welcoming to cold and deadly.

"Goddess of Death, Kristen." Phil stuttered back. "We can talk about this."

"Yes, we can. Tommy, would you like to explain?" Kristen offered.

"You murdered your son. In front of me, and your son was my brother. Where were you while he was going clinically insane? Oh right, having fun on your adventures." Tommy ranted. "And then, when you finally think you should do a redemption arc? Right, you destroy the nation Wilbur stood for, that he gave all three lives to, wether it was for or because."

"And then, now you fucking show up for dinner." Tommy snarled. "For dinner. After the last time I saw you was when you were laughing like a maniac, spawning withers in L'Manburg, murdering all the citizens and blowing the place to bedrock."

"Philza Minecraft." Kristen repeated after a beat of silence.

"Goddess of Death, Kristen." Phil said, more panicked than before. "I can explain."

"Go ahead then, Phil." Kristen spat. "Explain."

"I was handed a demigod and told to care for him. How was I supposed to do it?!" Phil argued.

"Like how you do it with a normal kid, Phil." Kristen deadpanned. "You love and care for them."

"But this is a demigod!" Phil sputtered.

"Who's godly powers start to show in late teen years! I told you that very clearly." Kristen sighed. "In the letter I sent with Tommy. You read that, right? Or was it lost when I passed him down."

"I have it!" Phil argued. "I brought it to tell Tommy, even." Phil pulls a worn letter from somewhere on his cloak. Kristen takes it, unfolding it.

"Phil, this is Tommy, son on Clara, goddess of the stars, imagination, and isolation. He must be raised in the mortal world to secure that the new god will not be narcissistic or stuck-up. I am entrusting Tommy to you, to raise along with the mortal boy you took." Kristen read. "Any sign of godly powers will start to show from late teen years, so you will not have to worry about pre-teen years, as he will be just like a mortal child. Treat him well. Yours truly, Kristen, goddess of Death."

"O-oh." Phil muttered.

"Phil, what did you read?" Ranboo wondered, looking over to the man.

"That the godly powers would show in pre-teen years." Phil mumbled.

"You what?!" Kristen yelled. The house shook a little. She took a deep breath. "And you never thought to re-read the letter?!"

"Uh oh." Phil chuckled as he was snapped to a different dimension.