Sorting hat

When we finally actually arrived, all the first years went into the what appeared to look like a cafeteria. One of the teachers approached the front of the room. She started explaining the four houses of Hogwarts. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. And how our houses will be like our family for the years that we are here in Hogwarts, Basically, we can gain points and if we break rules we lose them, and at the end of the year we win some kind of reward.

Some of the first year students came to approach our gang. So, it's true then Harry and Farrah Potter have come to join us at Hogwarts? Yep, that's us, but feel free to also call me Snow or Jade. Not many actually call me Farrah, Harry will mostly, but I'll answer to any one of them. Harry and Farrah Potter?

We turn our heads to another trio. This is Crabbe and Goyle and I am the one and only Draco Malfoy. Ron couldn't help but laugh, and then Malfoy tried to put him in his place, hm you laugh at me do you? By the red hair, and hand made robe I'd suggest that you might be yet another Weasley. Stick with us Potter's you'll soon know that some families are just better wizards than others are. You wouldn't want to be hanging out with the wrong group. I think I'll figure it out on my own, as will my sister.

What does she have no tongue to speak with for her own? Just having Draco around made my scar start to feel like as if it were burning, I jumped at the sudden pain. Farrah are you alright. Yes, I'm fine its nothing. We were all gathered around by one of the teachers as we looked up at the ceiling of the cafeteria and it looked like the night sky. Hermione told us it was only bewitched to look like that.

And soon we waited for Dumbledore to make some kind of announcement. He said that to all first years that the Dark Forest was forbidden. And that up on the 3rd floor the bathroom on the right hand side was pretty much also forbidden unless you wanted to die a slow very painful death. So says Mr. Filch. The first teacher spoke again and told us to come up to the sorting hat to be told what house we'd be in when our name was called.

Hermione went first as the hat told her she would be put into Gryffindor. Then when Draco went up and they told him he was to be in Slytherin, Ron told us that there was no witch or wizard that went didn't go bad being put into Slytherin. And that sacred Harry and I. The sorting hat kept putting people into houses. Then it was Ron's turn and he too was in Gryffindor. Then came Harry's turn. Well, well, well, Harry Potter, where to put you.... Let's see. Harry was begging not to be placed in Slytherin.

And got put into Gryffindor. And Finally Farrah Potter. Ah, well you're an odd one. You'd fit in just about anywhere, so how about. Slytherin? Me and my friends *gasped* then the hat laughed. Kidding, kidding, maybe, I'm serious though in all the years of me being here, which has been since practically time itself, I've never seen a child like your own, or Harry who could've gone in either of the two, but you my dear could be great in any of the houses it's a matter of putting you where you're needed most. My final decision though is.... For now undecided.

The whole room *gasped* again. What do you mean undecided? There's a first time for everything. Well my dear I'm afraid the hat has spoken. What does this mean? It means for the first time in as long as I've been here, the sorting hat hasn't made a final decision, at least not one that he's willing to share with us at this moment in time, and that you'll get to choose your fate. Then, I.... I looked over at Harry who bit his lip, and everyone leaned in closely to hear what I was going to choose. The place and the family for me has always been exactly that, no matter what house we'd been in, we could've been in any other house but as long as I'm by my family's side, that's where I belong and my brother is in Gryffindor, so that's the house I'm calling home.

Gryffindor cheered, and Harry ran to hug me. As he picked me up and spun me in a circle. Oh G-D I love you so much. I don't know what I would've done without you! No matter where you go I'll be by your side till death do us part, and after that. We're already family, but now we get to be in a family that will love us. The hat winked at me in my direction. Thank you Prof. Dumbledore. Why are you thanking me, you decided.

Say Percy? Harry asked one of Ron's older brother's. Who's that teacher that Prof. Quirrell is talking to? That is Prof. Snape, Head of Slytherin and he teaches potions, but he'd much rather being teaching dark arts magic. Then a ghost appeared. Wow you're nearly headless Nick, I've read so much about you. I cried in joy. Dumbledore had stayed back eyeing myself, going to the hat.

Why was she so hard to sort? Her abilities lie best in the house she has picked, but she's no ordinary wizard, the spell, the magic that was used to keep her from being killed by you know who, has turned her into a hybrid, she's part Vampire, Wizard and Mermaid, with a powerful voice when needed as a powerful weapon as a siren. Her hybrid powers conflict with my own, but she'll be best to stay in the house she's picked.

We be glad she won't be one that would turn dark, you don't want her kind of power falling into the wrong hands. Yes indeed, and with great power, comes great responsibility. She's no superhero, but that is still true, so smart, cunning and powerful, she's quick witted, sensitive, and kind, her heart is of that of the strongest element of all the world, one of pure gold. Her abilities combined would be good in any of the four houses, but letting her choose was a good choice all on her own, most have not stayed good when in Slytherin, and you don't want her soul to turn dark, she could defeat even you know who, and if she was evil she could be worse then even him!

That's what I'm worried about. We'll keep here where she's at, but let's keep a close eye on her. The protector. With great protection there is also great destruction if used for evil. Let us hope she makes the right choices, even if those choices at the time don't seem like the right choice in the beginning. Right you are Prof. Dumbledore.

Back at our table. How can you be nearly headless? Show up Sir. He did the trick with his head. That is how. Welcome to both Hogwarts and Gryffindor. Farewell. Alright fellow Gryffindor students, right this way. We all followed Percy. We followed him across the magic changing staircases. Wow, look watch Harry those staircases change at the oddest of times, but this path will lead us directly to our dorms.

Who is leading this tour? You or me? He asked giving me a sly smile. We walked by some paintings, and they moved and spoke. The paintings welcomed us to Hogwarts. Password? One of the paintings asked us. As Percy gave it. Caput Draconis. Which in Latin means Dragon's head and refers to the Sun the Moon and the Earth are all on the same plane. And also, did you know that, Draco means Dragon also in Latin, but that it's also a northern circumpolar constellation between Ursa Major and Cepheus?

Again, young first year, who is giving the tour here? You or me? He didn't seem mad or frustrated, just kind of like an I know everything type of older brother. Sorry. No need, how do you know so much anyways? Well, I can't just be expected to stay put doing nothing but being a slave in our aunt and uncle's basement under the stairs with my brother do you? (Google Translate, dictionary, and Wikipedia.)

I like you kid. Just try not to make enemy's while you're here and you'll be right as rain, come along now cheerio, and away we'll go. Her is your dorm, boys rooms are upstairs to the left, and girls room same but to the right. I stopped in my tracks. Frightened. A separate bedroom? Without Harry? No, no, no! I reached for my scar which had began to start to burn, shaking in fright of what would happen if we got separated.

The last time we didn't share a room was, was.... A flashback went through my head, when V- showed up to kill our parents and us. I'd been crying in the middle of the night, my parents picked me up and went to check on Harry, we'd been supposed to be twins, but born almost exactly a year apart. They'd set me down in Harry's crib. He came for us all, our parents didn't make it, he tried to kill us too, the last time we were separated was when Harry would've been only a few months old. We've never been apart since he's all I have.

The fear overwhelmed me as I screamed in fear, and passed out. We can't be apart, we just couldn't horrible things would happen to us again, the fear of horrible things happening to either one of us to each other is why I didn't receive my letter to Hogwarts until Harry did, the school took note of us needing to stay together. Everyone returned to their rooms for the night. Except the four of us.

I was in the what would probably appear to be the nurse's office. This is why I sneak out at night at home, but there would be no such thing here. Harry knew I had these kinds of nightmares, but that wasn't a nightmare it was a flashback. The first and only time we'd ever been apart. Our parents dying wish was for us to stay together. As long as we both shall live. Now, they were trying to separate us, and that just couldn't happen. Hermione didn't mind sleeping with the other girls, and Ron and Harry were bunk well roommates as well, they'd been happy together, but Harry would've been worried about me.

We'd never not shared a room together, much less a bed, especially when your only other alive family only gives you one bed to share among the two of you. They'd prepared a coed room, for Harry and I, and Ron could join us so that Harry could be among someone his own gender and age. A special room that no darkness or evil could get in, except of course those you just couldn't stop from coming. Nightmares. It was critical and a matter of life and death that Harry and I stay together, no matter what. It would've caused much trouble to separate us from the very beginning if either of us had been put in a different house much less a different room. If this much trouble came from trying to put us in different rooms then all bloody 'ell would've probably broken loose if we'd been in a different house.

They'd checked me over in the nurse's room, and sent me back into my special room, where all my belongs had been moved, or what little belongings we'd had to start with, as were Harry and Ron's. I'd clutched the sheets in the bed I was in, crying. Good thing Ron was a pretty heavy sleeper, and or that my cries were nearly silent to begin with, it was the horrible fearful screaming you had to be careful of. The flashbacks of both the house the abuse, the pain suffering and torture and the our parents dying.

The flashbacks and passing outs would and could come at any given time, just like our scars acting up. Even thought physically and mentally, and everything else -ly I was the oldest, Harry stilled protected me and took care of me like he was the older sibling and it was fine that way. The protector being protected, when the protector was even a hybrid that could very well take care of herself or should've been able too.

I felt someone rub my back, and hug me, sweeping away the tears, hair and sweat from my face. It's ok, sh, sh it's ok Snow, I'm here, sh, it's ok I'm here. I moved my head onto Harry's chest. Where are we Harry? I asked him opening my eyes. He stroked my hair, you're ok, they still wanted me to be able to be around another male my age, but brought us into a coed room, so that we could be together, Dumbledore arranged it himself with Hagrid's help. I'm sorry. It's ok, no reason to be sorry.

Is Ron awake? Yes. I'm so sorry Ron. It's alright, I'm a heavy sleeper, and my little sister is like this all the time. I'm pretty overprotective of her myself, all my brothers are so much older then her and myself, except George and Fred, I understand. You see Farrah, Ron understands, and the tree of us, we're gonna be like our own little family. But we better get some sleep, we don't want to be tired for our classes first thing in the morning.

Goodnight Potter's. Goodnight Ron, sorry for keeping you up. No, it's nothing, it will almost be like having my own little sister right here with me. Goodnight everybody. Sweet dreams Farrah. But Harry and I both knew that wouldn't happen. As we cuddled in the bed we were sleeping in together just like we'd done previously before. And I felt safe in his arms like I always have and always would. We were safe as long as we were together.