CHAPTER FOUR

Michael's POV 

I am sitting in my office, waiting for the new pack members to arrive. We rarely receive new members because I don't trust strangers, only the family that I have grown up with. But, since my dad and Alpha Grayson of moonshine pack have been friends for a long time, I agreed to it. I don't think they would be a threat, the new members are a widow by the name of Kathy Jones, her mother Doris Maybank and her son Vincent Jones.

"Alpha, the new pack members have arrived" David , one of my warriors tells me through mindlink.
"Bring them to my office".

I wait for the guests to arrive when my wolf begins to behave erratically. As I am about to scold the beast, an intoxicating scent overrides my senses. The most pleasing smell, my mate! she's here. Wait...only the widow and her family are arriving today. Did someone else enter the pack without my knowledge? No, I don't think so, I would skin my warriors alive if I found out that our border had been breached. I know that didn't happen, then that means the widow is my mate or could it be her mother. Oh my godd....
I literally jump from my sit when I hear a knock on my door.

"Enter" I say sitting back down trying to stay calm. First I see an older looking woman walk in with a little boy following closely behind. I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that it is not her. I see David looking back saying something but I can hardly hear a thing apart from my excited wolf and beating heart, my focus is at the door, I want to see her.

When she walks through the door, she looks hesitant and afraid but that does not take anything away from her beauty. She is absolutely beautiful, she is a queen, my queen with her dark skin, curves in the right places, curly hair and beautiful brown eyes. She is perfect.

"Mate" I hear a gasp and I now remember that there are other people in the room. "What! That's not possible, we only ever get one mate" Doris says

"although it is rare, I have heard of people getting second chance mates" David comments. My gaze is fixed on the beautiful woman in front of me. "David, take my mate's mother and her son to the room that has been prepared for them and tell no one of what you have heard"

"yes Alpha"

"no am not leaving my daughter here" Doris argues
"Mum, I will be okay, I will come and find you" My mate says, her voice like a siren song pulling at my heart strings. Giving her mum a hug, she smiles, her beautiful smile, I could look at it whole day, I will see it every day because we are going to be together forever, have kids, be the leaders of this pack. I hear a cough and I realize that I had drifted into my imagination. while I was daydreaming David, her mum and son left the room. Well guess she wants me start the conversation but before I can begin to form words, she speaks.
"This will not work. I can't, I don't want another mate" Kathy says. I stand taken aback by her words

"But why? I have waited two years for us to meet and now you tell me that it will not work" I feel my heart breaking. This is not what I thought meeting my mate for the first time would be like.