CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Michael's POV

"Rogues"

I jump out of the car as it comes to a stop turning to command David to drive his Luna to the pack house.
"No! Am coming with you" Kathy says as she steps out of the car in an attempt to follow me.
"No Kathy, it is not safe, David make sure she reaches the house" she stops in her approach to stare at me with a desolate look
"Go Kathy please, make sure all the children and elderly are safely secured in the pack house". Rogues have entered through the western border so the pack house is safe.
A howl pierces through the air as growls are heard in the distance.
I push her into the passenger seat  and shut the door "Go.Now". I command David. Kathy stares at me through the window with tears brimming her eyes. I will not change my mind, knowing that she is safe will allow me to fight without distraction.
I leap and transform into my Wolf  running into the woods followed by Lydia, Marcus and Jude who have also turned into their grey wolves. We jump over fallen trees, run through under brush, our paws hitting the ground creating a vibrating sound as rage flows through me like lava. The sounds of growls, whimpers draw near as the scent of blood permeates the air indicating that we are close to the fighting.
I emerge through the thick trees to the horror before me, wolves snapping at each other, biting, tearing into skin, the ground stained with blood.
I release a loud menacing  growl and charge, snapping at the enemy, jaws clamping down on any rogue in sight. A light brown rogue leaps through the air with his mouth wide, canines aiming for my neck, turning my head to the side, he misses by a few inches and lands on the ground, I  immediately sink my large sharp teeth  into his neck and clamp down until I hear a snap. A red wolf jumps on by back trying to tear through my fur but I rollover and sink my teeth into her exposed underbelly and rip through her fur,  tearing her skin, she let's out a loud whimper as blood flows like a faucet from the open wound, I go in for the final blow but a scent distracts me from my approach, my mate's scent, I follow the scent and find a brown wolf locked in a battle with a dirty blond wolf, I charge and knock the blond wolf by his side and sink my teeth into its neck, fiercely shaking my head as blood runs down my muzzle, dropping the lifeless body to the ground, I turn to face the brown wolf,  her fur stained  with blood,  I growl as I approach her, I lick her muzzle, running my nuzzle through her fur, once satisfied I stand in front of her in a protective stance as I rip through any wolf that approaches.
Rogue wolves lie motionless on the forest floor, the surviving rogue wolves whimper in submission and retreat.
I stand tall in the clearing as my mate comes to stand by my side. I release another earth shattering growl, pack wolves tilt their heads in submission exposing their necks, lowering their bodies and tucking in their tails.

My bones snap as I change into my human form.
" I will need twenty warriors to remain and seal the border" I turn to walk towards the pack house, my mate walks beside me still in wolf form, my Beta follows, his white fur soaked in blood, with Mellisa, David, Jude and other pack warriors .
My chest rising and falling as I take in quick breathes to calm myself, once we reach the edge of the pack house,  I put on shorts  hidden under a shrub. We emerge out of the woods and find pack members outside. 

"The injured are to be taken to the pack clinic, the rest will change back into their human forms and all will  head to the open field for a pack meeting" not sparing them another glance, I turn to walk up stairs straight to my office.
I stand in my office with my back towards the door, the door opens and my mate walks in.
"Michael I know you are mad but please you have to understand that I only wanted to help" I grip the edge of the table my knuckles turning white
"You wanted to help?" I snort " Do you think me and my warriors are incapable of defeating a bunch of rogues?" shaking my head as I turn around to face her.
" I did not say that I never said that" she folds into herself
"Then why pray tell did you decide to join in the fight instead of going to the pack house" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest, eyes narrowed.
" as Luna, you were supposed to ensure that the women, children, the elderly were safe"
"And what if something happened to you? Did you think about me? Your son" throwing my hands up in the air
"Am sorry, I made a mistake" she says in a cracked voice, tears streaming down her face.
I run a hand over my face and sigh.  standing in front of her, staring into those beautiful brown eyes, I  place my palms on her cheeks as I wipe her tears with my thumb.
"It's okay, I know that you were only trying to help" I place a kiss on her temple. " But I want you to make me a promise, promise me that you will never run towards a fight, you only fight to defend yourself"
" I promise"

I wrap my arms around her as I let out a long exhale. She's fine. She's safe. The pack is safe but now I need to deal with my Beta and warriors who did a piss-poor job at protecting the pack.

A/N mindlink only works in human form