CHAPTER FORTY NINE

Michael's POV

Her chocolate brown skin that radiates in the morning sun, her almond brown orbs that remind of the sweetest chocolate with the curves of her body that leave me craving for more.  Her beautiful black curly hair with a few strands of grey that spreads all over her pillow. I run my fingers through her curls reminding me of last night when I was in her warmth as we surrendered our bodies to a night of lust and passion. 
She is simply beautiful. 
"morning beautiful" I place a kiss to her temple, she stirs but keeps her eyes closed. "hey, it's time to wake up" I say rubbing her elbow
"just two more minutes" she mumbles turning to face the other side
"come on. We need to go to the infirmary to see our son"
"YES! OUR SON IS IN HOSPITAL!" she yells sitting upright eyes wide startling me. "we need to go!" she jumps out of bed and rushes to the bathroom turning on the shower "Babe aren't you coming? "she asks
"Uh coming"
After we shower and have our breakfast we walk to the infirmary.
We meet pack members along the way who offer their usual morning greetings with smiles which I now realize maybe fake, honestly it scares me now to think that this is the pack Vincent will inherit one day. I cannot truly trust any of them except for my father, Chris and Mellisa. My father and I may have batted heads yet he has always been honest with me, Chris and Mellisa are like family, they have been with me through thick and thin. The rest well, l will always protect them, they are my pack but trust is not something I would gift to any of them unless they prove that they are worthy.
"Florence, how have you been?" Kathy asks the elderly woman with a radiant smile on her face. That's another thing that has been bothering me since my mate woke up. I found her singing and twirling in the kitchen listening to her favorite song on the radio as she prepared breakfast, she talked non stop while we ate reminiscing on the more than two years we have stayed together focusing on the happy moments. Kept smiling and greeting pack members even those who didn't greet her first. I know all these are good, she looks confident and happy. Yet I worry that this is only temporary and she will revert to her old self.
"babe, are you okay?" Kathy asks with a look of concern on her face. I now notice that Florence is gone and it's just the two of us left.
"I am fine. Are you okay?"
"of course am fine. In fact, I am better than fine. AM GREAT" she grins throwing her hands in the air  I stare at her with an open mouth and raised eyebrows.
"okay now am beginning to freak out"
"why? "she chuckles
"it's just that you are so uh...goddess I don't even. Look. am glad that you are...great but it's also freaking me out because I fear that this is only temporary".
"it's not temporary. Believe me. I have just decided to be more positive about life. I know I will not feel like this every day but I will try."
"I am so proud of you" I say bringing her hand to my lips for a kiss.
Once we arrive at the infirmary we head straight to the room where our son is.
"Anything?"
"nothing has changed Alpha" Dr Williams says. Kathy looks worryingly through the glass window at our sleeping son snuggled up to the pillows.
"isn't there anything we can do?" she asks.
"Unfortunately, we have done all we can, what's left is up to him".
It pains me to see him this way. Talking to him has not yielded anything but I will not give up. I will get through to him.
Entering the room, he growls at first but quickly calms down probably after recognizing my scent.
"hey son" I say kneeling down and rubbing his fur "how are you?" he whines. "I know that its hard but I need you to try and change back" he whines some more rubbing his nose with his paws. "I know that its not easy and you are scared but you need to change back so that you can hug mummy. She is out there waiting for you. she misses you so much" I say pointing to the widow where Kathy stands teary eyed. He continues to whine while rubbing his nose on my jeans.
I sigh and close my eyes, sinking further to the ground. I hear crackling sounds, turning to look at Vincent, his bones bend out of shape and elongate to accommodate his human body and after a few minutes, he stands in front of me on wobbly legs, I quickly wrap my arms around him to prevent him from falling. Kathy rushes in to embrace him crying tears of joy and relief.
"my baby. I missed you so much. how are you?" she asks with wet cheeks
"I am tired mummy" our son says groggily rubbing his eyes. I understand his exhaustion, I remember when I first shifted I passed out and couldn't move for days yet he is still awake and talking. He is strong and so is his wolf. He will be a great Alpha one day.
The Greatest the world has ever known.