Chapter 2 (Picture of Dalton)

Valentina's P.O.V

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALENTINA!!" I heard my brothers' voices coming from outside my room getting louder and louder just before I heard a door slamming open. My room door to be specific.

I groaned loudly, stretching my arms out, despite it having pins and needles, before pulling my blanket up and over my head hiding away, trying to go back to sleep.

"Go away. It's only six in the morning. I want to sleep,” I said and covered my face with one of my extra pillows when one of my brothers decided to pull my blanket down and expose me face to the horrible morning sunlight. Strange how it was so bright so early.

"It's your birthday little sissy, you're sixteen!" Sterling exclaimed and picked the pillow off my face, again exposing me to the sunlight, making me squint my eyes.

"Hap Hap happy happy birthday!" Scott sang and pulled my warm blanket off me.

"Oh my baby sis is 16, so grown up" Rusty said and fake cried.

"It's our birthday Valentina! We're sixteen. As in like one year older. And by the way, it's almost 11." Dalton said and looked at the time on his phone. Well that explains the sunlight.

"Damn it. Why didn't you guys wake me earlier?" I suddenly did not feel sleepy anymore and jumped out of bed in a hurry. I never wake up this late.

"We wanted to give our baby sister her beauty sleep. After all, she does need to look her best for tonight’s party." Rusty laughed.

“Hey, I always look my best. Please.” I said in a joking way and they rolled their eyes.

"Come on baby sis. Give your big brothers a hug." Scott said and the five of us all gathered, with me in the centre and hugged.

"Now, all of you get out. I'm going to shower." I said and pointed to the door.

"Fine, be that way!" Sterling whined like the man child he secretly was and then they walked out of my room, except Dalton.

"Why aren't you going?" I asked wondering why he did not leave with our three older brothers. Not that I minded him being in my room or anything but I wanted him to give me my privacy and let me go shower.

"There's something I need to tell you, and it is really important," he said.

"What is so important that you have to tell me now instead of later?" I asked.

“Well,” he said and started mumbling under his breath, not even trying to articulate his words.

"Sorry what did you say? You know, if you don’t speak properly, I’m not going to be able to understand a word you’re saying," I said and crossed my arms.

"Drew is in love with you." Dalton finally said loud and clearly.

“Sorry, what did you say?” I asked, not believing what he said.

“I said, Drew, as in Drew Livingston, is in love with Valentina Ackles, who obviously is you.” Dalton said slowly, pronouncing each word with precision and clarity.

“I know what you said. I heard you. I’m not deaf.” I said and he rolled his eyes.

I was shocked to say the least. I mean it’s not everyday your twin brother comes to you and tells you that his best friend, the boy you secretly had a crush on, who bullied and annoyed the hell out of you ever since you can remember, likes you back. Or in this case, loves you.

“How did you come to this conclusion, Dalton?” I asked after some thought.

“Well, remember our tenth birthday?” Dalton asked.