C H A P T E R 6 5

After seeing the thoughts that had been put into Peeta's head, she went to President Coin and asked to be sent to District 2. If the rebels could get control of 2, they'd be a step closer to the Capitol.

They come to a decision to use the 'avalanche plan' but have a train tunnel with an army awaiting for people to surrender.

Gale and Katniss get into a disagreement about the death of the civilians and that the killing is always personal.

Whilst convincing the people of 2 to surrender, Katniss Everdeen was shot by a loyalist.

Whilst Katniss was lay in her hospital bed, Johanna payed her a 'visit'. In others words, she went to steal some of her morphling having being cut off herself.

"You don't mind, do you? They cut off my supply of morphling," Johanna explains.

Just then, Jessica walks in, watching the two girls, "doing more drug deals darling?"

"You know it," Johanna smirks. She turns back to the Mockingjay, "There's this head doctor that comes in and sees me everyday trying to help me adjust to reality. Like some- some guy from this rabbit's warren actually knows anything about my reality. At least twenty times in a session he-"

"Tells you that your completely safe? From the Capitol, from Snow?" Jessica interrupts as both girls turn to look at her, Johanna with a weak smirk and Katniss with an intrigued yet teary expression. "I've been put in daily therapy sessions. Like that'll fix my head," Jessica scoffs.

"What about you, Mockingjay, you feeling totally safe?" Johanna asks mockingly.

"Till I got shot," Katniss replies.

"Oh please. The bullet didn't even touch you. Cinna saw to that. Of course, your costume would be bulletproof," Johanna says bitterly. "So what are your injuries?"

"Bruised ribs, bruised lung," Katniss answers.

"I'm surprised they haven't found you a new lung. I mean, I've got two. Do you want one of mine? Or one of Jessie's? I mean, it's everybody's job to keep you alive." Johanna says in a spiteful tone.

"Is that why you hate me?" Katniss asks.

"Partly," Johanna replies blandly, "and your bad acting with blondie. You're also a little uptight and hard to swallow. The whole tacky defender of the hopeless act. Feel free to take any of this personally."

"One of you two should've been the Mockingjay. Nobody has to tell you what to say," Katniss says.

"But nobody likes me," Johanna says, picking up a picture.

"Everyone likes you," the injured girl gestures to Jessica.

"They're afraid of you," Jessica replies. "You're the only thing the Capitol is scared of."

Katniss' attention is switched from Jessica to Johanna who was nosily looking through Katniss' personal belongings on the table. "It's just stuff my family brought," she explains.

Johanna puts down the medallion and picks up the pearl, both items gifted to Katniss from Peeta, "it's from Peeta," Johanna mumbles.

"He tried so hard, Katniss. He'd always ask us what was real and what wasn't, right Jo?" Johanna nods. "He didn't want to ever think badly of you. Don't give up on him, will you? He'll get better, he just needs time."

Johanna looks at Jessica, eyeing the fading scars and bruises that made it much more noticeable just how much worse she was treated. She sends her a sympathetic smile before sending Katniss a cold smirk, "they messed us up pretty good, didn't they?"

"Damn right they did," Jessica sighs before walking out the room, soon followed by Johanna.

AN: I love Johanna, sorry for not updating yesterday, was doing 'night before gcse' revision.