C H A P T E R 9 0

Though she was thoroughly confused, Jessica walked towards the execution by Katniss' side nonetheless. If her friend wanted or needed her to be there, she would be there.

Katniss was holding her bow in one hand as the two marched forward, heads held high, never once looking into the crowd.

Jessica now noticed how much things had changed. She wasn't on a carriage in a pretty but revealing dress, being presented to Panem or waving and smiling to win hearts. Her face was cold, she didn't smile, she wore a battle suit, and felt safe.

Rebels began walking behind the two in a big crowd as Jessica and Katniss stood just ahead of the other Victors. Jessica stood half a pace behind Katniss as to not get in the way when she inevitably fired the arrow.

"Welcome to the New Panem," Coin's voice rang through the crowd. "Today, on the avenue with the Tributes, all of Panem, a free Panem, will watch more than a mere spectacle. We are gathered to witness a historic moment of justice. Today, the greatest friend to the revolution will fire the shot to end all wars. May her arrow signify the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new era. Mockingjay, may your aim be as true as your heart is pure."

Katniss reaches behind for an arrow before drawing it back to her cheek and aiming for Snow.

Everything happened fast.

Katniss' aim switched from Snow to Coin and she let it fly, ultimately hitting Coin in the chest and causing her to fall to her knees and off the platform.

She then turns to Jessica and, with one motion of her head, Jessica understood what to do.

As the rebels started to run forwards, they pause as a sleek, black dagger launches itself at Snow, piercing him in the chest. She hit him strategically so that it would cause enough damage to stop his smug laughter but not enough to kill him instantly.

Snow's maniacal laughter stopped as he gasped, more blood pouring out of his mouth and staining his teeth a deep red.

Jessica turned to the rebels who had stopped on their tracks at Jessica's quick movements, she glances between the angry men and women before nodding. A signal the rebels took gladly as they sprinted to Snow and beat the last remaining life out of the bleeding man.

Katniss, who had attempted to take a nightlock before being stopped by Peeta, was dragged away by two guards in full black gear.

Finnick immediately found his way to Jessica's side, wrapping an arm around her waist to stop her from falling, he kisses her temple and whispers, "it's alright, love, it's over now. We can go home now."

AN: Snow got what he deserved and Jessica got closure for everything he made her endure. This is the end of Act 5.