C H A P T E R 7 2

Jessica, Finnick, Leah, Katniss, Gale, Lieutenant Jackson, Second Lieutenant Mitchell, the Leeg Sisters, Corporal Holmes, Boggs, Cressida, Pollux, Castor and Messalla. Squad 451.

With Boggs leading, the group marched their way through the rubble of the Capitol streets. "I've never seen this place so empty," Katniss observes.

"Just keep your eyes open," Boggs commands, using the Holo to scan out the area.

The beeping intensifies, alerting the squad of a known pod ahead. "Got a pod. Stay covered" Boggs leads the group a few paces forwards, "shoot through those two buildings," Boggs tells Katniss.

"Pollux, right here," Cressida places her filming crew, "Castor." Cressida shows a camera shape with her hands, indicating him what to do. "Good. When you're ready, Katniss."

Katniss reaches back for the arrow she wanted, drawing it back in the bow. She was ready to shoot, but had to stop due to Cressida's command. She ordered Pollux to pull in tighter before letting Katniss know she could shoot.

Katniss draws back the arrow again and shoots like it's in her nature. Flames erupt from the two buildings she shot between, causing black smoke to rise into the air, followed by an explosion flipping a now charred black car over.

"Clear," Boggs calls.

As the group sat in an abounded house, a truck approached, making them all stand and equip themselves with their weapons in case it was Peacekeepers. Lieutenant Jackson spoke through the radio about the incoming vehicle. She told the squad to stand down. The truck was 'friendly'.

When the truck got close, two men got out of the vehicle and went to open the back doors. The men in black, equipped with guns, got Peeta (who was also dressed in a black combat suit like the squad) and brought him over.

As soon as he was in sight, Katniss equipped her bow with an arrow in case, she wouldn't let him hurt her or any of her friends.

Peeta approached with a cautious look on his face, his eyes glued to the ground, as he muttered to himself. 'I'm Peeta Mellark.' 'My home is District 12.'

Gale and Katniss aimed at the boy as Gale told him to stop.

"Hold up, everyone relax," Finnick speaks in a calm tone, holding an arm between the squad and Peeta, as he and Jessica walked over.

Lieutenant Jackson cuffed him, obeying Boggs' safety precautionary command.

"Hey Peetabread," Jessica speaks softly to her friend, successfully calming his nerves slightly. "Follow me, okay? Let's go inside."

She gently takes a hold of one of his cuffed wrists and leads him over to the building they were taking refuge in.

"They want us to add him to the propo, show that he's on our side now," Boggs explains.

"Why him? We have Jessica," Katniss argues, on edge at the presence of her attacker and ex fiancé.

"Move forward a few blocks tomorrow and shoot the new footage," Boggs ignores Katniss, not having an answer himself.

"He's not in control of himself," Gale points out.

"I say we schedule an around the clock watch on him. The Leegs til 17:00, Homes and Mitchell til 19:00." Lieutenant Jackson proposes.

"Give me a watch." Katniss says, blankly.

"And if it really came down to it, you think you could shoot him?" Jackson asked.

"I wouldn't be shooting Peeta. I'd be killing a Capitol mutt." Katniss says sourly. Jessica, who was sat besides Peeta and opposite Finnick, noticed Peeta flinched slightly at the comment causing her to rub his hand reassuringly.

"I'm not sure that kind of comment recommends you for the job either, soldier." Jackson argues.

"I'll take watch with her." Jessica speaks up causing everyone, including Peeta, to look at her. "I can try calm him down rather than kill him, I've done it before in the Capitol. Many times, in fact." Jessica gave Peeta's hand a squeeze.

Finnick knew that Jessica felt only platonic feelings for the bread boy and, vice versa, but that didn't stop the pang of jealousy course through his veins.

"Put them in the rotation," Boggs orders before walking away, nodding at Jessica approvingly.

Katniss walked past sending Jessica a smile and Peeta a quick, barely noticeable, glance, not walking too close to him. Peeta's hands shook slightly at the girls hostility. "Orange, bread, paint, pearl, bake, strong, kind, twelve," Jessica efficiently soothed him.

As Jessica sat with Peeta, Katniss and Boggs spoke outside, Katniss expressing her concern for her safety and why Coin would send him. Boggs replying with the theory that Katniss was a threat to Coin's future election win.

AN: this chapter isn't really important, and was kinda boring to write. It's mostly just storyline.