Episode Three: Where There's Danger, There's Gluntz

*Hey guys! I'm back with another episode! This episode will have a lot more action and lore to it! I hope you guys are excited! This is published on April 17, 2022. If you guys like this episode, don't be afraid to vote and comment! That will be greatly appreciated! Love you all and thank you guys so much for the support of this fanfic. The intro song is called "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons. Enjoy!*

Thirty-five years ago:

The wind ran through her purple hair as the leaves danced into the gentle gust of wind. The branches waved the leaves while the trees stood firm all around her. The blue-furred woman with purple hair explored the forest, watching the sun rising steadily. She managed to reach the fence, staring up at the top.

Oh, now we're going back to the past. We see our lovely lady Sara again but...is this before or after her 'reprogramming'? Aka before or after the cult torturing her to death after helping Joe?

Sara felt the wind on her face while staring at what was beyond the fence in front of her. She could smell the pine scent whiffling through the gentle wind and her ears were nothing but voices telling her to not climb the fence or go back to the village.

Sara's curiosity, however, was stronger than those voices telling her to not go beyond the fence. When she was about to climb upon it, the loud screech hurt her ears. She stumbled away from the fence and pricked the earplugs off of her ears. Her earplugs fell onto the ground while Sara's eyes widened for a moment.

Sara could no longer hear the voices for the first time and... it was oddly scary. Not that the sound of nature had a scary sound to it but just the mere fact that all she heard was voices for all her life and now...she heard nothing but the sound of wind and the leaves ruffling through the wind in steady music.

Sara's tears were filled to the brim. The blue-furred teenager decided to climb up over the fence to see what was on the other side. She managed to make it to the other side with a smile on her face. She strolled through the woods with the birds above her chirping and the critters chattering. She wanted to dance to nature, her heart soaring into the new freedom that she never felt before.

However, she bumped into something or someone in the woods and stumbled back onto the ground.

"Whoa, hey—"

Sara looked up to see a teenage blue-furred boy staring at her in confusion for a moment.

Wait a minute, is that Joe?! I thought Joe escaped from the...oh, wait, I just received a message from the writer that this event took a day before Sara's 'reprogramming'. Well, why didn't you say that sooner, writer?! I wouldn't have to keep guessing whether it took place before or after Sara's reprogramming. Ugh, you know what, never mind, let's just focus on Joe and Sara then.

Sara looked up at him with a shocked gaze.

"Uh...sorry, I thought you're some animal coming to attack me," the blue-furred boy uttered nervously with a small blush on his cheeks while sticking his hand out towards her. "The name's Joe, by the way."

Sara grinned gently while accepting his hand, letting him pull her up to her feet. "Sara."

"Uh, hi...um, are you lost?" Joe asked in concern.

Sara shrugged a bit. "A little bit. I-uh-just, um, don't know where I'm going I suppose."

Joe smiled kindly. "I can take you back home if you need—"

"No! I mean...uh, I, uh, just left home to explore a little bit. Do you, um, know where the next town is?" Sara questioned, stuttering a bit.

Joe appeared to be puzzled while shrugging his shoulders to shake off his confusion. "Well, there's a town a couple of miles down that way." He pointed towards the east of them while she looked to see that he was pointing through the woods. "I can take you there if you like."