Episode Twelve: Which Side To Butter?

*Hey guys! I'm back with the new episode that just took one day to finish. Seriously, I'm on a roll today with this episode. Anyway, the next episode will be the finale and it will be epic and awesome! Just you wait! This is published on June 19, 2022. If you guys like this episode/chapter, do not be afraid to vote and comment! That would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this story and I hope you have a good day! The song used is called "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons. Enjoy!*

You heartless son of a yip! Throughout this story, we went from electrocuting teenagers to killing kids! What kind of sick psychopath are you?! Why are you the way you are?! You know what? You know what, Jeckles?! F—

Jeckles rolled his eyes at the narrator's voice and snapped his finger so that no one could hear the narrator's voice speak at the moment.

"That disgusting disembodied voice is getting annoying," Jeckles growled while rubbing his temple. He shifted his attention back at the kids cowering in fear when the guns were raised to kill them. Guy Junior wailed from one of the assassin's hold while the two-tailed beast version of Guy was clawing his way out of the vines' grips to save his children but his strength didn't match the vines that tied him down.

The kids were hugging each other with sobs and cries in fear. One assassin stood out to many with his grip on the gun shaking.

"Three," One of the assassins called.

"Two," The other called.

"One—"

"Wait!" The one assassin with the shaky grip of the gun finally turned to Jeckles, lowering his weapons. "The whispers have spoken to me!"

The assassins stopped and turned to the one assassin looking up at Jeckles.

Jeckles growled while lowering himself to the ground. "And what did they say?"

The assassin stood up straight. "They told me that this is not the way of the whispers. We don't kill kids. We try to convert them to listen to the ways of the whispers. We are able to do it to the kids at this age before. What's hard about doing it now?"

Jeckles furrowed his brow while the group and the kids were looking at the assassin in confusion.

"Why did the whispers tell you to go against me?" Jeckles growled at the assassin.

"The whispers did not say to go against you. But if we are to expand this cult, we would want more followers now, would we?"

Jeckles furrowed his brow.

"And apparently we are only taking a baby. We have the kids right here. It's going to be a waste of lives if we kill the kids," the assassin pointed out. "Also, the adult group needs to live."

"What—?"

"The whispers wanted them to suffer longer."

"And this is what the whispers told you?"

"Correct."

Jeckles stood there in thought for a moment until a frown came upon his face. "Fine. I wouldn't want to disappoint the whispers."

Jeckles left the group tied up but the vines loosened.

Jeckles glared at the assassin. "If I find out that you lied about the whispers, I will kill you."

The assassin gulped at the words being threatened to him. Jeckles went away towards the front of the vehicle. The assassins began to shove the kids at the back of the truck while the one assassin that spoke of the whispers' words came swiftly behind Looka and pulled him away from the others.