Chapter 49 - Understanding the Law of Death

The sun gradually set, and dusk arrived.

Outside New York, the village, the fields, and the setting sun were all so calm. Compared to the crowded and noisy high-rise buildings in the city, it was as if they had entered another world.

A group of children was playing and chasing each other on the north side of Xiwen village.

Bang!

Bang!

Everyone threw the Chinese firecrackers that they had gotten from god-knows-where onto the ground. Even though it wasn’t very powerful, it made quite a lot of noise.

“Hey, do you have any more? Let me play a few.”

“I don’t have much. I’ll give you five.”

“Okay. I’ll give you a bag of candy tomorrow!”

“Hurry up, you two. Let’s go to the abandoned field to play police and bandit games!”

“Coming, coming…”

Pa!

Pa!

In the field, the sounds of cracking, laughter, and fighting mixed together.

At the end of the day, for more than ten hours, Marcellus was still tenaciously alive, and he had successfully avoided two accidents. Every nerve of his body was excited, and he felt that he had already mastered the skill of avoiding accidental deaths.

‘Death Judge, you can’t kill me. I have already seen through the death that you designed. Just like when I’m driving now, one deep breath of mine, one turn of my head, and even these words of mine will cause the butterfly effect of a series of events, ultimately causing me to die a few years later. Thirty years, ten years, tomorrow, or today, or the next second. I don’t know about these, but I can capture some traces, see the omens, and understand your design, avoiding death in time!’ he thought.

At this point, Marcellus took out his pistol and said, “Not only that, after midnight, the game will be over. I will bring my gun, find you, and end your life!”

“F*ck! This guy is so arrogant! How dare he provoke the judge!”

“How dare he say such things to the judge? Just wait for your death!”

“I have to say that this scumbag’s brain is not bad. He actually dodged it twice!”

“That’s hard to say. Maybe those two times were just feints. I think the judge only wanted to let him think that he could survive before killing him. That’s even greater torture!”

“It’s better to kill this guy as soon as possible. It’s too dangerous to run around with guns.”

The audience kept sending bullet messages to express their worry. Ross was also worried about it. However, he had originally asked his subordinates to expand the encirclement so as not to force Marcellus and the others into a corner. In the end, the encirclement was too big, and they lost track of him.

Marcellus was the only one left. They had to take him down.

“It’s quiet around him now. It seems that he has fled to the suburbs outside of New York City. Mobilize everyone and pull up all the surveillance cameras at the major intersections. We have to find him!”