Exposed

>>Leonidas (Coronation day)

There’s nothing suspicious here. I looked around Sorin’s room.
Except that black flower. I looked at the side table beside the bed where a single black unknown flower stood in a black vase.

I’ve never seen that flower before and I don’t think I’ve read about it anywhere either. I walked over to it and picked it up to examine it. The petals were jet black but they had gray veins on them that weren’t exactly noticeable. Even the stem was gray and there was no green on it whatsoever. In the whole room, so far, this was the only thing I had found that was odd.

I hadn’t looked through the whole room yet but everything else seems normal.

I was still looking at the strange flower when I heard footsteps approaching. So, I placed it back just in time when the door opened and Sorin came in with a sick face followed by Leroy.

He immediately started taking my shirt off and Leroy stood there in front of him while he did so. I was thinking about leaving when something caught my attention.

Sorin was wearing a binder?

“Feeling better?” Leroy asked him and I suspiciously looked at them both. Then I made my way to stand in a direction where I could see the front of them both as quietly as possible. That was when I was once again taken aback.

Sorin’s body was too thin and on top of that it was curvy yet pretty. The new sight left me confused, in no way that it looked like a body that belonged to a man.
I sighed.
This must be why he always wears that huge cloak around him.

“I’ll leave, take the binder off too.” Leroy said and Sorin nodded and he started walking towards the door but stopped before he opened it, “That was not the speech we practiced.” He looked back at my brother, “What was that there?” He even seemed a little angry.

Woah. I never thought Leroy would get angry at Sorin. I didn’t really get to hear the speech but it doesn’t look like it went bad, or did it?

“Sorry…” To my surprise, Sorin apologized, “I’m really sorry Leroy.”  That was astonishing. Did something happen to him? He’s never said those words. Ever.
Or perhaps, he says them to Leroy. It’s not like I know their private relationship.

“Sorin,” Leroy glanced back at him, “What’s happening to you? After you drank that poison, you seem like a completely different person.”

Wait… What?
Poison?
What is going on here? Sorin poisoned himself? When did this happen? There was no word of it at all!

“Leroy,” Sorin looked like he was having trouble breathing, “I died then..”

What?

“What?” Even Leroy was surprised.

“When I drank the poison,” He gulped, “I died…I don’t know why or how I came back but- here I am…”
Wait!
Wait!
WHAT??? What is going on here? Why would Sorin drink poison? Did he want to die? Why?? I don’t get it. Nothing is making sense right now. I never knew Sorin was Suicidal… Or am I missing something?

“What are you saying?” Leroy said

“And I don’t remember stuff. I can’t remember things.” When Sorin said that, it made me wonder, is this what brought about the change in him? Could that be why he came to my room?

“Sorin… What are you saying?” Leroy seemed devastated and began to walk towards Sorin when Sorin grabbed the binder and took it off suddenly.

Leroy stopped in his path and immediately turned his head away while my mouth hung open and my eyes popped out of my sockets when I saw what I saw.

My whole body froze while Sorin took a breath of relief.

My eyes were stuck on his-no- her body!!

Her whole upper body exposed itself completely. I saw it clearly, the pair of breasts now free of imprisonment. They were small, but definitely breasts.
I gulped.
That milky white skin on which the erected pink looked very pretty.

Oh My God!
My face turned red as I shot my head away.

No way….

Sorin is a woman?
My eyes were still wide.

A female?

Oh My God! So she always got angry at people making fun of his femine looks not because he felt insulted but because she felt threatened?

This was her secret!??

My face was flushed and heated and now I couldn’t look up at all.

“I remember bits and pieces.” Sorin said, “This is why I was confused yesterday and asked you-”

“If I was Leroy,” I silently listened to the rest of the conversation, “I get it…” Leroy paused and there was a very awkward silence in the room, “Okay then,” He said softly, “At least you're still here.” And I finally looked at him. He had his gaze down,  “I’ll let you rest.” Leory said and was about to leave the room so I made my way to the door and quietly slipped behind him as he opened the door and went ahead before he closed it.

***

(Present)

God!!
This is so embarrassing!

I can’t get the image out of my head!

The first naked woman I saw in my life is my own brother- Oh my God! Sister!
Holy Hell!

I’ve never been this shaken.
Sorin is pretty and I finally get why she’s always so paranoid about people but this was a huge shock.

She always looked a little petite but now that I know he is a she, she looks more feminine!
My head started hurting.

I cannot believe this. I saw her exposed right in front of my eyes but I still can’t believe it.

Why? Why is she pretending to be a man?
I thought extra hard about it.

It’s been like that from the start, but as a child this would be done to her by an adult because little babies have no awareness, so was it her mother? The first concubine of the late king? She died when Sorin was twelve, shortly after my mother died.
That’s also the time Sorin started getting bitter towards everyone.

Come to think of it, she was at the start of her maturity when she was suddenly left without support…

Some things made sense but her violent behavior towards other people is a completely separate matter.

I leaned against the chair when there was a knock on the door but before I could answer the door opened and someone walked in with a food tray.

Leroy came into the room, “Sorin I brought-” He paused when he saw me, “Your highness Leonidas.” He gave me a respectful bow and then looked around for Sorin, “I believe His Majesty Sorin was supposed to be here.” He talks very respectfully unlike Sorin yet because he sides with her, he’s equally unliked by everyone.

I glared at him, “I’m helping him out so ‘he’ left.” I folded my arms.

He even calls Sorin by her name when they’re alone and he knew about her gender all along and has kept quiet about it and doesn’t he bathe her too?
Just what is their relationship?

I don’t know why but for some reason, it bothered me a lot.

Author's bullshit

Just putting it out there that this book is not incest