Fight

>>Kaan

The training ground for the royal knights was big but that was to be expected since the best is provided for the rich and those who work for the rich.

The redhead stood in front of me as we both glared at each other, ready to kill on the pretext of sparring. From the day I had first seen him and since that day, everyday, I’ve hated him. Every moment I spent in that dungeon I was itching to get my hands on him.

The entire royal platoon of knights were there, gathered in the corners of the training space. The atmosphere was heavy and there was no doubt that the more I looked at this man, the angrier I got.

I know it wasn’t exactly his fault but the person who ordered it is already dead. I was more angry at the fact that I lost to a human.

I took my stance and he took out his sword.

But that will not be the case today. I’m going to kill him.

I brought out my claws and began to concentrate my magic for attack. The air was filled with tension as we both glared at each other. I wasn’t going to wait for him to attack, I was ready to kill him but right before I made my move, someone interrupted.

“What are you guys doing!!” He and I looked at the person running towards us with a concerned expression, “You shouldn’t be fighting!” It was the young prince of the empire, Leonidas

He came and stood directly between us but neither of us broke our fighting stance.

“Enri!” He looked at his guard in shock, “Demon king Kaan,” He spoke respectfully when he called my name and looked at me, “May I know why you’re doing this?”

“We’re just sparring.” Enri spoke, “No need to get antsy.”

“Sparring?” He looked between us and knew immediately that it wasn’t just a mere sparring match, “Sorin will get angry if he finds out.”

“Well then, tell him after we’re done.” The redhead looked at his master with desperate eyes and I knew that our hate was mutual.

“Um,” Leonidas cleared his throat, “He already knows.” He gave us a concerned expression.

He and I locked gazes immediately after hearing that and wasted no time in launching forward to attack the other. The prince acted in time and jumped back and Enri’s sword collided with my claws resulting in an imbalance gust of wind in waves. We had a few clashes before I caught a good hold of the steel in his hands.

I grabbed his weapon with my claw in order to break it but he didn’t let it go. Instead he changed his stance to get the tool out of my grip and attack again.
It was when he jumped towards me, I brought my tail out to rip his chest through but there was a bigger obstacle that interfered.

“Enri!!!” A voice yelled, making him flinch mid air, he lost his balance and unnaturally stopped himself in his path and landed “Kaan!!!” It made me stand up straight too and hide my claws and tails back in, “What the hell do you think you both are doing!!” Everyone looked at the owner of the voice.

Sorin

He was making his way towards us with an angry expression.

“Sorin,” Leon called his name while Sorin came and stood next to him looking furious.

“What are you both doing?!?!” She demanded an explanation from us. “Enri!!” She called the name of her subject and he flinched

“It was just a sparring match.” He answered

“Oh?” She folded her arms, “Is that so?” She scoffed, “Then why do I smell malice?”

“...” Her words made us both shut up. I wouldn’t normally care about this is the type of power she holds over me even though I am not someone under her.

In the silence where she glared at us both I caught onto something.

The thing I noticed then was the whispers of the people that stood there. The words they spoke distracted me.

“Why is he here?” Someone whispered.

“His majesty is gonna make things worse.”
“He’s never done anything right to begin with.”

“What if he does something stupid and anger the demons?”

“Right! His highness is stupid and agressive after all.”

What was this?
There wasn’t a single person here who whispered something good about him.

It perplexed me.

These people, they don’t like their own king? Was there something I didn’t know?

Leonidas held Sorin’s hand, “Well, let’s break it up.” He looked at us both, “It’s best to just finish this. I think you both ‘sparred’ enough.” He smiled, “Right?”

I smirked.
He’s smart.

“Why are you holding his hand?” Enri asked, “Am I missing something here?” The redhead took some free steps to show that the fight really was over. I guess he’s loyal to his masters.

Leonidas wrapped his arms around Sorin’s shoulders and hugged him while he beamed, “We made up.”

The moment was quite peculiar. While it made me a little uncomfortable, the sound of astonishment that came from all directions was quite something.

“What? They made up?”
“They hadn’t talked to each other for years!”

“Maybe Sorin did something.”

“Most likely.”

No one here was ready to believe that they had actually made up. I don’t know what it was but it seems this royal family has some issues among themselves.

I looked at Sorin. There was a blank expression on her face, as if she couldn’t hear anything.

“Both of you,” She looked at the redhead and then at me, “No fighting again. AT ALL. Not even sparring. You can play a board game if you want to fight that bad.” Neither one of us protested and relaxed our bodies to show that we were obeying her orders.

I kept my gaze on her.
Because looking closer, one can see the clenched jaw and tightened fists.

She was holding herself back.  She must have heard them all too.

Right, there is no way she couldn’t have heard them even though they were whispering among themselves. It would be a different story if it was a normal human being but Sorin is a half demon.