A fool indeed

>>Sorin

I sat in the open hallway looking at the garden after I had a big eating session that was followed by a puking session followed by massive misery. What is wrong with me?

I sighed.
This sure is tiring…

I was taking deep breaths to calm myself down when I heard someone walk towards me. I tried to ignore it and did my best to keep myself calm but the person stopped right behind me.

“Why are you ignoring me?” It was Kaan and his words made my heart skip a beat but I composed myself immediately.

I lied to him, “I’m not,” I replied in a very low tone but didn’t turn to look at him. I kept my eyes on the garden.

“You’re not even looking at me.” He seemed a little upset and now I had no other choice. I slowly and hesitantly turned my head and looked at him.

“I am,” I told him as I looked at him.

“...” He looked at me with a frown, “You’ve been avoiding me for quite some time now.”

I didn’t know what to tell him. It was all too complicated.

Sonomi is here and she met Leonidas and I can see the fondness appearing between them. I am afraid. I’m so scared. I don’t want my feelings to grow. Those stupid feelings, I developed for Leon and for you. I got confused like an idiot and it only brought me misery. In the first place, why did I become attracted to two people at the same time? I’m a fool, aren’t I?

He sat down next to me, “I see fear in your eyes.” He said as he stared at me.

I shot my head in the other direction as my eyes went wide.
Shit!!

“It’s nothing like that.” I lied again.

“I don’t like it,” He said as he moved closer to me, “It pains me when you ignore me like this.”

“Why would it pain you?” I kept my eyes on the ground the other way.

“...” He didn’t answer that, he called my name instead, “Sorin,” He placed his fingers around my chin and made me look at him. His action made a gasp leave my mouth, “I thought we were getting close.” He looked into my eyes, “Was it only me?” He moved his face closer to mine, making my heart pound, “It can’t have only been me.” I felt his breath on my lips.

It sent shivers down my body and made my cheeks blush a little.

I gulped, “We were getting close.” I looked away, “Yes,” And then nodded.

Sorin! No! Don’t get delusional again.

He turned my face towards him again since his hand never left my chin, “Then why did you suddenly start ignoring me?”

“I didn’t,” I couldn’t look him in the eyes so I stared at his hair, “I’m just busy.” I replied, “I’m the king after all.” He kept staring at me and I started getting nervous. His gaze was making my heart go weird, “Don’t you have to go back soon too? We’re done with the abolishment of slavery.”

“If you want to send me away, I’ll go,” He replied, “But I want to stay with you.” His words! Those Goddamn words! They’re making my feelings go berserk! It’s making my heart act wild!

“With me?” I gulped as my gaze wandered around, “Why?” And it happened again. A flame of hope lit up in me.

“Come on Sorin,” He held both my hands, “I’ll answer that if you look at me properly, not just my hair.”

I pursed my lips and didn’t know what to do when he moved his fingers and intertwined them with mine.  It was such a small gesture but it made my heart skip a beat. He interlocked our hands tightly making me gasp and look at him in surprise.