Chapter 7: Memories

__________________________________

''example'' = normal talk

'example' = thoughts

                   'example' = Skyler

'example' = Slenderman

*example* = sound effect

__________________________________

''Seems like it's gonna be a nice night tonight'' I hummed, watching the sun slowly setting, no clouds in sight.

After our pleasant talk with the principal and later Karasuma, we didn't bother to stick around longer and decided that we would go to the spot we slept at last night. It wasn't hard to find and it had a nice view of the sky.

''It better be, I don't wanna be caught in a rain'' Jeff mumbled, laying down onto the grass and closing his eyes. The moment was silent, the accasional chirping of birds sounding through the air.

''How do you usually sleep?'' I raised a brow, wondering.

His eyes shot open, a slow turn of his head towards me already told me his annoyance from a mile away.

''What kind of dumbass question is that''

''Well, you know. How can someone with no eyelids sleep?''

''And you're asking that why''

''I never realised it until just now. Do you use a sleep mask or something?''

''None of your fucking business'' he glared, turning his back to me with a sigh.

''...well, enjoy your un-lack of eyelids''

''I will fucking bury you''

''Yeah yeah, you say that all the time, Joker. It's nothing more than an empty threat at this point'' I rolled my eyes, chuckling at his mumbles of profanity aimed at me.

''Your best shot at killing me was way back when I first came to the mansion, just saying. I wasn't trained and didn't know shit about my powers. Now? I'd like to see you try and beat me ONCE out of maybe milions of tries'' I laughed at the end, going through the memories of our meeting.

It baffles me that he wasn't the first one to try and murder me.

He was the second to do so.

''I would've killed your sorry ass if it wasn't for Slender that time. You had no business being there'' he clicked his tongue, but turned back on his back, his eyes watching the sun as it dissapeared behind the hills.

''Well, it wasn't MY decision, so don't blame me. How long has it been since we met? Maybe like three-four years...''

''It's five''

''Wow, you actually keep track of that? I'm flattered''

''Just shut up'' he glared, making me laugh at the yet another empty threat sent my way.

The rest of the night went by quickly and silently, me either watching the stars or the moon. Jeff fell asleep relatively quickly after the stars appeared, so I was left on my own-well sort of.

'Remember the night we met?'

'I do...some parts anyway'

'It was a night like this one. No clouds, just a clear stary night and a warm breeze flowing past. You don't get this back at our forest. I like it there, but it feels...different'