Chapter 11: Lesson #1

"You know what I realised?" the woman wondered, looking out at the night sky from the balcony of their small apartment Mr. Karasuma provided.

"Oh, enlighten me" sounded from living room the balcony was attatched to. Rolling her eyes at the clear sarcasm in the mans voice, she continued.

"The moon doesn't change it's shape"

"What?"

"Clean your ears, dumbass"

"I heard you well, demon bitch" Jeff groaned, stalking towards her in interest. Did it really not change it's shape since they came here?

"See? It's the same" she pointed up at the bright moon, the warm breeze making the night rather comfortable and relaxing for her.

"Damn"

"That's all you have to say?"

"The fuck else am I supossed to say? Not like we can do shit about it" he shrugged, going back to the couch and watching TV.

Meanwhile, Scarlet stared at the Moon for quite some time. Pulling out a phone she *definitely* did not steal, she searched for any explanation causing the weird accurance. And to her surprise, she did find it. A lot of articles dating few months back.

"Appearantly, the Moon lost like 70% of it's body"

"How the fuck does that just...happen?"

"Some kind of an explosion"

"Well shit"

---

Jeff POV

''Get your ass up, it's morning!''

I didn't even bother to open my eyes. I knew who it was, unfortunately.

''I told you, I'm NOT GOING THERE!'' Not hearing any form of a response, only her fading steps and a bang from the door closing, I turned to the other side of my bed and let myself fall asleep again.

---

When I woke up, it was around 11AM. I spent at least 10 minutes absentmindedly staring at the ceiling. I let the thoughts run through my head, one coming right after the other like train wagons.

I couldn't make my mind if I liked it here on not. I'm stuck here, having to see that demon freak every day, supposed to 'teach' some dumb kids. Sure, some of them have talent. But why should I fucking care?

Well, it's not the worst here, I guess. No missions, no authority, that knows your every move. These guys don't even know who we actually are. There's no record of us anywhere here; but can be easily explained with our...professions.

Our phones don't work, I look what some people would describe as normal, all because of that damn portal. Why did she have to pull me in with her?!

With a final sigh, I sat up, stretching my back and arms before standing up.

'What should I do today'

It's too early to kill someone but too late to go and actually join the class; it was supposed to start at this hour.

Taking a sip of the water on my nightstand, I went to the kitchen. Not feeling any sort of motivation, I just made myself cereal. Taking the bowl into my hand, I went to the living room, turning on the TV and watching whatever caught my interest at the moment.

---

'Should I go outside?' I stared into the moving images on the screen in boredom. The variety of the content was minimal and my body was aching to do literally anything else other than lying down. Pulling my attention from the TV and to the balcony windows, I saw that it was cloudy today. Finally.