Chapter 1: The Light

__________________________________

''example''      =      normal talk

'example'       =      thoughts    

'example'      =      Skyler         

  'example'       =      Slenderman

  *example*     =     sound effect
__________________________________

'Scarlet, Jeff, into my office, now'

"Ai, Ai, Captain" I sighed upon hearing those words. I just got back from my training! I hoped to take a nice shower, lay down, listen to music and maybe draw something.

But no.

Stretching my aching body, I took a sip of the water I had on my nightstand, before walking up to my bedroom door and opening it. I already saw the other summoned closing his door, making his way by me and to the boss. With one last sigh, I matched my pace with his.

"What did you do this time, Joker?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Demon bitch. Not to mention, you smell like shit" He scrunched his nose with a frown.

"Aren't you a charmer" I groaned, but couldn't deny. I did smell like shit from the training. He rolled his eyes, the walk now enveloped in somewhat comfortable silence.

'What do you think he wants?'

'Not sure. Mission? Did we fuck something up? I don't know nor do I remember'

'When do you remember something important?'

'You got me there'

---

'I have a small investigation for you two'

"Huh?"

"Huh!?"

'You heard me correctly. An investigation, here in the woods'

"Why don't you send Smartass 1, Smartass 2 and Idiot?"

'Masky, Hoodie and Toby are on a mission right now and I am expecting them to come back two days from now. I will send you two today because I need the information as soon as possible and I am unfortunately too busy myself'

I sighed, knowing that there's no way of getting out of this one. Unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind missions in the slightest, I have nothing else to do anyway; but going with this Joker reject means I'll have to listen to his constant complaints about me or even better, him trying to kill me every step of the way.