Chapter 9: Mock Battles

__________________________________

''example'' = normal talk

'example' = thoughts

'example' = Skyler

'example' = Slenderman

*example* = sound effect

__________________________________

"Hey Karasuma"

"What is it?"

The duo stood on the training ground, watching the students doing their warm ups. Today was the day of their mock battles and most were excited to see how far they've come.

"When we were at the Principals office, he said something that piqued my interest" the girl said, swaying her sitting body ever so slightly to the sides in the boredom she felt. She had nothing to do besides these classes, considering killing was off the table in an unknown environment.

"And that was?" The male asked, his eyes darting to the girl, also taking notice of the yellow teacher building a sandcastle in a nearby sandpit.

"He said that we are, and I quote 'only gonna be in class 3-E'. Keyword, only. The fuck does that mean?" She turned to him, her interest in the subject getting the best of her. The sounds of the kids training with their green rubber knifes filled the air; the teacher was silent. Then, he sighed.

"You can probably guess that there is something going on in this school. I find it disgusting. The way these talented kids are treated is just awful-"

"Aww, thanks for the compliment, Mr.K!"

"-go back to training, Nakamura"

"Sorry!"

The teacher sighed with a hint of annoyance, but I could see the tiny smile forming on his lips. Even though he always acted so seriously, he liked these kids.

"Where was I...?" He shook his head.

"Kids getting mistreated. I'd have to be dumb and blind to not notice that part. The laughing of the kids at the assembly, the other teachers encouraging it, the words of the principal. Not to mention this place..." Her arms shot out, motioning to the building and the forest.

"...it's isolated; on top of a hill just to be forced to walk down to somewhere they'll be made fun of. But, why is that?"

"This school is corrupted, the principal only wants the best image of what it's not. If you aren't good enough, don't have good grades or simply don't follow the rules, you'll end up here"

"To the 'End class', as they call us. Only the bottom of the barrel" sounded a voice by the duo. The assassin wasn't surprised by the presence, but the teacher did jump a little.

"You should be finishing your warm ups, Akabane"

"I'm done with them, teach. Don't worry" the boy chuckled, looking at the bored woman.

"And why are you here? You seem to have good grades. Behavior?" She asked, a slight smirk on her face. He replied with the same expression, throwing around the rubber knife he had in hand.

"Violence. But he totally deserved it"

"Why am I not surprised" I chuckled, seeing the boy smirk, proud of what he did.

'He's probably like the only one here that is not afraid to spill blood'

'Maybe, but he's still a teenager. Full of himself as well. He'll grow out of it'