chapter five | hunted hunter

It was the next day, and Dean hadn't spoken to Cas since the previous night. In fact, he had no idea where Cas even was.

He had, however, talked with Aria about the vampire Sam had been hunting. She said they could look into it more when she got back from work.

"What do you even do?" Dean asked.

"Babe, I know you know what a stripper is," Aria laughed. "But, if you want to come along, feel free. I don't mind."

"Alright," Dean agreed.

|

The strip club was actually pretty tame compared to others Dean had been to. Though, anyone who described a strip club as tame was probably not in their right mind.

Aria had told Dean that he had to go in through the front like all the other gross men. When he asked about women visiting the club, she said they were all too sweet to be thrown under the same vile label.

When he walked in, there weren't many other people. Then again, it was still pretty early into the night.

Eventually, after standing there awkwardly for what felt like an eternity, Aria came out onto the platform. She was dressed all in red, and had a gun holster at her side.

"A homage," she said, when she noticed Dean was staring. "To the blood I've spilt and can never take back."

"Isn't that a little on the nose?" Dean asked.

"Maybe, but Rain finds it hilarious," she said sarcastically.

"Are you even allowed to have a gun?"

"It's not loaded," she explained. "Plus, the boss says we can dress up however we want, so long as it attracts customers." Then, she whipped it out, and pretended to shoot Dean in the head. "Bang."

She spun the gun around in her hand. "Got this baby for my sixteenth birthday. Makes me think my body's the only good thing my parents ever gave me," Aria said. "Other than a fake ID when I turned twelve. I remember I asked for a scooter, and they said nonsense, that won't help you in life!"

"That sounds horrible," Dean said, relating to nearly every word she said.

"Yeah. I don't think anyone deserves to be involved with this stuff. In my opinion, everyone should just keep to themselves and stop hurting people, even if they may be different," she said, making her way around the pole in the center of the platform. "Like, I wouldn't group you in with the bloodsuckers who drink humans for kicks, now would I?"

"I hope not," Dean laughed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

By then, a crowd had grown around the platform. Aria hopped up on the pole and pulled herself to the top. She wrapped her legs around the pole, and fell backwards. Then, she leaned forward again and started twerking, right there, at the top of the pole.

She looked out at the crowd, and for a second her eyes went wide.

"Demon!" she whispered with a sultry laugh, as she slid down the pole. Once on the ground, she nodded to a man who was quickly walking off toward the exit. "Go after him!"

Dean immediately took Aria's word, and ran off. He made his way out of the building, and into an alleyway. When he finally caught up, someone else had already began saying an exorcism.

And that person was none other than Sam.

"Crap," Dean said under his breath. He hid himself behind a dumpster.

And what was that smell? That sickly sweet smell that drove him crazy. He'd recognize it anywhere.

"Cas," he murmured, then jumped when Cas appeared right in front of him.