Chapter 43

IZEL

I swear I was about to explode, my insides were going off one after the other. 

I always knew what I wanted, and it felt good to finally accept it as it was. I only denied it because I didn't want Jaeger to know the effects he had on me, that I liked having him close or that I wouldn't leave if we survived our attack on the Zas. I didn't want to feel like this, but I couldn't help it, not after all the time we'd spent together and the way my feelings developed. He had broken down my walls, just as I had his.

Jaeger's kiss was passionately fierce, fervent. I was starting to doubt that he'd never kissed anyone before me, not with the way he was making me feel, not with the way he was making my body act on its own. I locked my hands around his neck, pulling him closer to me as we kissed.

My breathing was getting faster by the second, I needed air. I was slowly beginning to suffocate in him, drowning in his touch, but I didn't have the will to escape, and neither did he. He placed his hand beneath my thigh and he groaned as I wrapped my legs around him, pulling him closer. I liked the sound, as well as the jitters that came with it.

Never in my life would I have imagined kissing Jaeger like this, a kiss that was fierce yet passionate, deep yet delicate, intense yet intimate.

My fingers found their way to the hem of Jaegers' shirt and I tugged, which was communication enough. Jaeger pinned me against the wall with his body and removed his shirt, our lips parted for a second but Jaeger brought them back together once his shirt was out of the way. I ran my hand down his neck, chest, abs...

Jaeger pressed up against me and ran his hands up my shirt before he effortlessly removed it and pinned me against the bed. He trailed kisses down my neck, and my breathing shuddered the lower he went. 

Still, he brought his lips back to mine, giving me a slow, long, lingering kiss before passion got the best of us both.

And neither of us held ourselves back.

****

This changed everything.

My relationship with Jaeger was never going to be the same, but if I was being truly honest, I hoped it wouldn't. I'd thought our emotions would get in the way of our goal, but it only made us more in sync with each other. I'd never felt so drawn, so close to anyone before.

When we encountered more vampires during our journey they weren't a problem. Jaeger and I fought as one, we came up with a sort of routine without even knowing it. The vampires almost always went after Jaeger first, and we used that to our advantage. Jaeger would handle them and then give them to me to finish off, though after every battle Jaeger would check to make sure I hadn't gotten any kind of injury, and despite how much it irked me, the way he roved his eyes over my body always gave me butterflies.

Yeah, things definitely weren't going to be the same.