Chapter Twenty-Four

Location: Joseline's House
Kaomei Geneviêve Eliphaz|Sevyn

   "He leaving tomorrow?" Joseline clarified as she continued to drill Sevyn's nails

"Yes Jos and I have a bad feeling something is going to happen." Sevyn whined as she muted Shoota on the phone.

"Make him stay," Joseline shrugged.

"I want to, I really do. But my gut is telling me to let him handle his buisness." Sevyn vented. "I don't want nothing bouncing back on us in the future, especially while the baby is here."

"I get it, I say let him handle his buisness. If something happens let it and pray for the best," Joseline said as she applied the polish.

"Watchu putting me on mute for?" Shoota said into the phone after he got done talking to a "costumer".

Taking him off mute quickly, Sevyn replied. "The sound of the drill was too loud, ian know if you wanted to hear all that."

"Why you lying to me, bruh?" Shoota deadpanned.

"I'm not lying bae."

"Aight Sevyn, send me a picture when you done. One of yo hair too." Shoota replied  before hanging up.

"Girl, why you lied to that man?" Joseline chuckled.

"Because we been getting into little petty arguments about him leaving all week and it's annoying."

Deciding to change the topic, visibility seeing it was bothering her, Joseline asked. "What time you getting your hair done?"

"At four, then I'm going to get my make up done." Sevyn replied.

Shoota had made reservations for them tonight for dinner and he wanted her all dolled up. Meaning he paid in advance for her to get her nails, lashes, makeup, and hair done.

"Lemme take a picture, and you better send it to that man too", Joseline joked. "Nope, he gone get a picture when everything done since he wanna hang up on me".

Shaking her head, Joseline could only laugh at her friend.

"You wanna go get sum to eat? It's only 2 o'clock." Sevyn asked as she secretly placed a hundred dollar bill in her drawer.

Joseline never allowed her to pay.

"Yea cmon."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

🫶🏾