Chapter 4

5 years later

5 years later...

it's currently Thursday it's 7 pm and I'm on my way to pick up Lilah from the babysitter in my beautiful black luxury car. The day at work was stressful, in the office everyone was running in all directions at the office since this weekend Mr. Durand organizes his famous gala to celebrate the success of the company, the event consists of wearing luxury clothes, dancing on the dance floor of a large New York hotel and meeting potential new employees or customers.

I don't really like this kind of event because my evenings consist of receiving jealous looks from women when I talk to their husbands about business or eagerly reaching home to join my little treasure. Marc's last gala was ten years ago so it is an important event to which all the richest businessmen and celebrities are invited, I didn't have access to the guest list but I guess there will be plenty of celebrities and multimillionaires.

So this week everything fell into place and tomorrow Lilah, Me, Marc and Pierre we take the plane to New York, I stress a little from the return to New York, imagine by chance I meet Dante, even after 6 years my sadness has disappeared and anger or resentment replace it. Dante and I were married so it's normal that even if he hurt and insulted me, I still love him a little deep down. But apart from the situation with Dante, I am super happy to see Stella again, of course, she came on vacation here a few times but currently, it has been about 8 months since we have not seen each other, and Stella also is super excited because she wants me to meet her boyfriend Luke.

Even if Stella and I are separated by thousands of kilometers she helps me a lot to stress less and calm me down in complicated situations, I remember when Lilah was 6 months old and for a whole day she did not stop crying and I called Stella crying because I did not know how to stop my baby from crying and even at a distance she talked to me and right away I calmed down.

After the birth of Lilah fortunately I had Marc and Stella to support me and help me because she was not an easy baby, she cried all the time and did not sleep at night, she even refused to drink breast milk for days. My daughter is now 5 years old and what to say apart that she is the feminine version of her dad ... She has big blue eyes with very long eyelashes and small chubby and pink cheeks, Lilah is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and I do not say that because she is my daughter. Even her personality is the same as her dad's, she is smart and likes Disney movies, no she doesn't like she LOVES !!! Practically obsessed with these movies and I'm not going to lie I'm tired of watching the same movies forty times before she gets bored in front of them.

I park in front of the building where Lilah's babysitter lives and ring the intercom in the lobby of the building and the door rolls over. I get in the elevator to the 4th floor and knock on Louise's door. "Salut Louise, Lilah est prete ?"(Hey Louise, Is Lilah ready ?). I enter her apartment after kissing her (la bise)and she opens the door for me. "Oui Elle range ses jouets dans son sac à dos ."(Yes she puts her toys in her backpack )I nod and wait for my princess next to the door. After 2 minutes I hear small steps running closer "Maman!!!"(Mommy !!!) and after feeling small arms squeeze my legs in a suffocating hug. "Hey, baby!  I exclaim and I carry her to hug her, every day having her away for hours to go to work breaks my heart even if I love my job, my job as a personal assistant takes up a lot of my time.

"I missed your mommy" yeah I taught Lilah English because I wanted her to be able to speak my native language and she could communicate with Stella on the phone. The affection of my daughter always melts my heart every time, by the way, she puts her head in the hollow of my neck and clings to me I know that she is tired and that when we arrive home she will sleep directly.  "I missed you too baby. Say thank you and bye to Louise" she says thank you to Louise and we say our goodbyes I put her in the car and start the car driving to our apartment.

The drive takes 40 minutes because of the horrible Parisian traffic, I carry Lilah in my arms when I get into the elevator because she fell asleep in the car, I open the door and put my bag by the door and also put my baby in bed after taking off her backpack and shoes. I go to the kitchen and start preparing dinner and I decide to make a Parmentier hash.

20 minutes later, too focused on preparing my meat I do not hear the door open but feel 2 arms slip around me "Qu'est-ce que tu cuisine chérie ?"(What are you cooking darling ?)Pierre whispers in my ear and turns me to see him from the front. "Du hachis parmentier . Comment c'était le bulot ?"(Parmentier hachis . How was work ?)he puts his head on my shoulder "Ils veulent plus de moi, j'ai tout essayé et maintenant je pourrais pas payer mon loyer "(They don't want me anymore, i tried everything and now i can't pay my rent )I give him a quick kiss and an idea crosses my mind "Tu pourrais venir t'installer ici avec moi et Lilah".(You could move in with me and Lilah )

Pierre and I have been together for 2 years and belonged his relationship with Lilah,everything is fine ....even if I would love no one as I loved Dante I must forget about the past for Lilah and me. Lilah doesn't really like Pierre, she doesn't hate him but she tells me all the time that she finds him not funny and that he looks and acts like the villains in the movies, All the things That Pierre does in the apartment are weird and malicious for her, she is my child so I take into account her words but I think she exaggerates just because she knows that Pierre is not her dad.

« Vraiment Selena, merci chérie, tu vas avoir une surprise ce soir dans la chambre »(Really Selena, thanks darling, you gonna have a surprise tonight in the bedroom ). he whispers the last part of his sentence in my ear and kisses me. "Eww, mommy why is he here tonight, the flight is tomorrow" I look behind Pierre and see Lilah on the couch with an unhappy face, I walk up to her and sit on the couch and she does the same thing « Lilah sois Gentille avec Pierre , il est tout le temps Gentil avec toi ! »(Lilah be nice, Pierre is always nice with you ). I say it in a low voice so that Pierre does not hear us "But he's always here, it's not HIS house!" I beg her to be kind through my eyes and she rolls her eyes and whispers "I will try".

I signal to Pierre to come forward and decide to announce the change to Lilah "My baby, from now Pierre will live with us definitively" My daughter's head turns red and an expression of anger appears on her face "NO!! HE'S NOT MY DADDY AND YOU SAID THAT THE FAMILY ONLY LIVES IN THE SAME HOUSE AND HE'S NOT FAMILY." then she cries, I felt my heart break when I saw the tears flowing from her eyes, I approach her and before I take her in my arms she pushes my arms and runs into her room.  "Qu'est ce qu'elle a dit ?"(What did she say? )Pierre questions me as I walk to my baby's room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THANKS FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ,FOLLOW , I HAVE A LOT OF IDEAS OF BOOKS !!