Chapter 19

The days have passed quietly, Dante comes from time to time to spend time with Lilah, they are inseparable now

The days have passed quietly, Dante comes from time to time to spend time with Lilah, they are inseparable now. I have been rather nostalgic these last weeks , I don't know why ...

I received a text from Stella saying that she is on her way. And a few minutes she opens the door and slaps it . "We are going out tonight! » without even accepting the. offer , I found myself drag to a annoying club .

I roll my eyes when she takes out of her bag a scandalously short dress and high heels. "We haven't been in a club together for six years so you don't say no!" I simply whispers a sure before texting Dante to come babysit Lilah tonight.

Two hours later, we are finally ready, maybe an evening between girls will improve my mood . I go down the stairs and see Dante preparing dinner for Lilah. "I'm going to prepare a little more so that you have some if you come back drunk. "

"Ok....thank you" with that I took my mini handbag and ran in the car outside where Stella was waiting for me... We enter the club and I immediately regret coming even if I love Stella, clubbing is her thing and not mine.

While she goes dancing, I stay at the bar, ordering a line of daiquiri until a man sits on the stool to my right. I turn my head to face a very handsome man, he has dark and slightly curled medium-length hair, piercing brown eyes and luscious and hydrated lips....god he is handsome.

"Hey, you here with Stella? "I frown at his question, how he knows Stella and seems to have seen my confused head because he began to explain himself "I'm her co-worker by the way, Josh and I saw you enter with her because you are beautiful you caught men's attentions as soon as you enter the club and I am simply one of them... "

He nervously laugh and I smile at his hesitant compliment "I'm Selena and thank you! "I shake his hand and we continued to talk for several hours, exchange our numbers, laugh until Stella was too drunk and we had to leave but we accepted to have a date.

When I came home, a little smile placed on my face thinking of Josh, he has a daughter too and he was super calm and kind to me it was new and different from the other men in my life honestly.

Dante was sleeping on the couch in front of a football match and Lilah was snoring next to him on the couch. I carried Lilah to his bed but Dante suddenly wakes up and I tell him to go back to sleep. It's my turn to go to sleep when I get a message from Josh's number: Hey let's have our first date tomorrow night? Are you available?

I smile at my phone and quickly reply a positive respond before slowly drift into deep sleep ...

.........................................

I called Stella for babysitting Lilah because Dante was busy tonight. I'm finally ready, I'm wearing a long, red dress with ruffles on the arm and bustier. I'm stressed and in a hurry at the same time from my first date with Josh, it's been two years since I had an date and I don't know what we're going to talk about  or what he will asks me.

I insisted on joining him at the restaurant, I arrive in front of this luxurious restaurant and announce my name at the entrance and I am guided to a table in the private section of the restaurant so that known and rich people have more "privacy" during their dinner.

I spot him seat at our table, he seems stressed too, so I'm not the only one... I approach the table and clear my throat to announce my arrival. He gets up suddenly and looks at me nervously "You- you- look ravishing! » he manage to say between is shaky breaths and I shyly smile and thanks him .

And when I thought that this evening was going to be perfect, a tall figure approaches behind me and I immediately recognize this perfume. "Good evening Selena and Selena's date, that's a pleasure to see you! "I turn around gently to see Dante's head with his fiancée Yolanda in his arms, him with an amused smile and she with a nonchalant head.

I take Josh's arm immediately and place it around my waist, I don't know why but I needed to prove a few things... "It's Josh! And Josh this is my-... my business partner Dante and his fiancé Yolada" josh shakes Dante's hand and kisses Yolanda's hand. "It's Yolanda! » I just replied with a oops .

"We should share table so we speak about a lot of things..." as soon as Dante spoke his words, all the colors of my face disappeared, why does it only happen to me. So I'm going to spend hours around a table with my "husband", my date and my "husband's" fiancée.

I prayed that Josh declines the proposal but he seems enthusiastic and answers Dante with a sure.

...................................

The dinner was more catastrophic, Dante exploded the conversation of questions for Josh, the conversations look like police investigations more than a dialogue. Yolanda talk to Josh about her life as a supermodel and how she remains beautiful or I don't know what.

Honestly, I remained almost unaware of the situation, during most of the dinner, lost in my thoughts...

Josh insisted on taking me home and we are in front of my house... "I'm sorry that I accepted the proposal, we can have a second first date soon to restart it? "He brush a piece of my hair behind my ears and look at  my lips. "I would love that... "I whisper back to him and unconscious learning my head to him .

« Can I kiss you ? » before I could reply , my lips meet his with a tender kiss that broke not long after it started . « See you soon for our second first date and maybe many others ! » again i was left with a smile on my face ... he is such a nice man ...