Chapter 6

"I missed you so much," I say to Stella after our endless hug while she carries Lilah on her back towards the car

"I missed you so much," I say to Stella after our endless hug while she carries Lilah on her back towards the car. "Same girl, you look like a french classy woman" I chuckle, in front of the car we say goodbye to Marc because we will spend the day with Stella, her boyfriend, and mine, and of course Lilah to hang out in New York.

"See you later grandpa"Lilah waves to Marc and we get into the van with Stella." Hey I'm Stella Selena's best friend, you must be Pierre the boyfriend" they shake hands "yeah I'm the boyfriend" he shows a quick smile and returns to his phone to do I don't know what. Stella gives me a look of surprise, I change the subject of the conversation right away because I know what she will say about Pierre and will want to compare him to Dante.

"So... when I meet the mysterious boyfriend?" she instantly blushed and a big smile sticks on her face. "Luke says it was too early so we gonna pick him up now" she responds, it shows so much that she is already crazy in love with him and I am so happy for her.

The car stops in front of a luxurious building in Manhattan, I turn to Stella and give her a confused look, she told me that Luke works as an amateur photographer. She rolls her eyes, the right door of the car opens and the shock invades me ...

Luke... Luke Hernandez, Dante's brother is Stella's boyfriend? So that's why she didn't want to show me Luke's picture. The memories of the dinners and parties we had together before the divorce with Dante reappear in my thoughts. Luke sits to my right with a smile "Hey little sis, do I not deserve a hug?" I stay frozen so he side-hugs me. 

"I'm sorry after the divorce, my brother told me about the divorce and refused me to talk to you, even if I wanted to, you had already flown away from New York to god knows where" he looks into my eyes looking for something, I guess anger but I never felt anger to him because it was Dante's fault, not his.

"I'm sorry too, i- I ran away without telling you when it was not your fault" I whisper hugging him back. Stella looks at us and asks me for forgiveness with her eyes, I nod my head to tell her that I forgive her. After several minutes of brief talking, Luke's eyes move to land and stare at Lilah... the shock on his face can not hide. Lilah is the feminine and younger version of Dante so without telling him I know, that he already knows.....

"Luke, this beautiful little girl is my daughter Lilah, she's five years old and Lilah, it's Luke your uncle, you know the one I told you about.." Lilah jumps into Luke's arms "Uncle Luke, mommy told me that you are funny!!" she whispers in his ears, hugging him and laughing. He chuckles "My niece ... » he whispers smiling, taking back to reality he takes a look at Lilah and then gives me a proud smile that I return.

"You look like your daddy so much," he tells my daughter smiling nonstop "REALLY ?!!" she squeals jumping, even more, then she stops and whispers something in Luke's ear not very low "I miss daddy ... uncle lulu I want to meet daddy! »she pouts, luke whispers something back and she returns to her happy mood. Then someone clears his throat and our eyes move to Pierre, "I'm Pierre, Selena's boyfriend, and Lilah's step-dad" and shakes his hand with Luke's, the tension in the car can be felt from afar but fortunately, the car arrives very quickly in Central Park.

We get out of the car and spend the day walking through the streets of New York and Lilah spends her day being spoiled by her uncle and aunt. Pierre and I stay a little behind them and spend the day together with our hands embraced. We stop at a restaurant and Lilah can't stop saying that this is the best day of her life and that she loves her aunt and uncle, I can't be happier if my daughter is happy so I am too.

Currently, we are looking for my dress, Lilah's dress, and Stella's for tomorrow's gala. "Try it" Stella hands me a long white dress converted with white crystals, I change in the spare cabin and without looking narcissistic the dress suits me really well, it embraces my shape and I look like a duchess.

Stella enters the cabin with Lilah "Mommy you look like a princess" she hugs my legs, nearly making me fall, "Yeah Selena you are gorgeous, the pregnancy did put the weight at the right places, mama !!" I chuckle and push them out of the cabin so I can change back into my clothes.

Stella decides to wear a black dress with white sleeves and Lilah chose a white dress with small gold butterflies on it and the boys chose classic and chic suits. I pay for everything with my credit card and I offer to go buy ice cream before returning to the hotel.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor, Uncle Lulu?" I laugh at this ridiculous nickname and see Luke rolling his eyes at me.  "It's double chocolate" and Lilah pretends to vomit, Luke laughs "What's wrong with double chocolate?" she looks at him and replies "It's disgusting, the best flavor is mango!!!" and they debate which one is the best flavor.

After hours to have fun except for Pierre who gets bored and is very silent today we take the car to go to the hotel. After dropping Stella and Luke off at their house, we settle into the hotel suite and Lilah falls asleep while I and Pierre sip our glasses of wine on the balcony.

« Chérie je veux pas que tu parles à ce Luke encore ! »  (Darling I don't want you to talk to this Luke again!!) I sigh and take a big sip of wine « Et Pourquoi ça ?! »( And why that?) he turns his head towards me.

« C'est pas évident ? Il veut t'éloigner de moi pour que tu reformes la famille parfaite avec son frère!!! » ("Isn't it obvious? He wants to take you away from me so that you can reform the perfect family with his brother!!! ")

Angry, I decided to go to sleep because this day made me tired and this discussion even more.....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thanks for reading 🤍 Don't forget to support by vote or follow me only if you want of course and Thank You for my first 100 views 🤍🤍🤍