Chapter 7

The morning sun woke me up, Pierre still forgot to pull the curtains before falling asleep

The morning sun woke me up, Pierre still forgot to pull the curtains before falling asleep. I look to my left and see Peter asleep and snoring like an animal, I turn under the sheets and grab my phone from the bedside table, and sigh when I notice it is 6 a.m., I get up and pull the curtains with force despite my numb muscles. I go back to bed but of course, after rolling in all directions to find a comfortable position, I can no longer sleep, apparently, my body and brain have had enough sleep but I clearly have not.

I go down the stairs gently; the TV sound resonates in the suite's living room. Approaching the sofa in the living room, I see Lilah wrapped in a big blanket and watching cartoons. "Hi baby" greets her in a low voice, lie down next to her, and put my head on her lap. "Hi, mommy! Did you sleep well?" she caresses my hair and I nod, we continue to watch the cartoon without talking just her caressing my hair.

The cartoon has ended and we are waiting for room service so that someone can bring us our breakfast because my daughter has a huge appetite. Someone knocks on the door and I open the door and let in the old lady who came to bring us the tray with fruits, cereals, and pastries. We thank her and Lilah eats her cereal with chocolate milk while I eat a fruit salad and apple juice. We finish eating and Lilah goes to play with the toys that Stella and Luke bought her yesterday.

I send a message to Stella to know when she is due to arrive at the gala, arms are slipping around my waist "est-ce que je t'ai contrarié hier soir?"(did I upset you that much last night?) Pierre whispers kissing my neck and I turn around to see him shirtless with ruffled hair. "Meme si Luke t'aime pas en tant que mon copain, c'est juste entre nous et pas lui"(Even if Luke doesn't like you as my boyfriend, it's only about us not him) he sighs and whispers ok, then he goes to eat his breakfast.

 I receive a message from Marc who asks me to come and talk in his room which is upstairs. So I ask Pierre to watch Lilah while I go to talk to Marc and come back, I take my phone with me and enter the elevator and press the button on the top floor. I knock on the door and the door opens just after knocking

 "Good morning sweetheart, how was yesterday?" we hug each other and he lets me enter his luxurious suite and I sit on the sofa in the living room. "Great, I met Stella's boyfriend and It turns out to be Dante's brother Luke" he sits next to me and sighs looking at me with a hesitant look."How do you feel about it ... I mean about the situation with Dante and being here? »

 he seems worried, I knew he was going to be worried about what I would have told him when I saw the brother of my ex-husband. "I don't know, it's not like I saw Dante, it's just Luke" he nods his head and turns his head towards the dining table, and quickly grabs a magazine on the table and hides it behind his back.

I look at him suspiciously and extend my hand to him "Dad what are you hiding, give me that" he seems to debate in his head if he should give me or not and sighs and then hands me the magazine of celebrities. 'Dante Hernandez, the new youngest billionaire in the USA recently announced to be engaged with the world model Yolanda Romanov' I examine the page and cover photo of him and this tall blonde smiling and happy together.

Dante has changed a lot, I almost didn't recognize him, his short brown hair before is now half-long and black, and his thin front and now muscular body covered with tattoos, his body is cut like a Greek god. He no longer looks at all like the Dante I knew, his facial features have become more masculine and he even now has a short beard well-cut. And this woman, Yolanda is everything he didn't like before, 6 years ago. She is very tall with long, blond hair and short, overpriced clothing.

It's obvious I haven't forgotten my story with Dante, I think about it every day just by looking at my daughter I think about it. I think that even if I never talk about it, all my friends and family know that I would still love Dante even if he hurt me and turned my life into a  nightmare. But that doesn't mean I don't feel hatred or sorrow toward him, but of course, I feel that too. And if I see him today I'm not going to be nice to him just because I have past feelings for him. It hurts me when I see him rebuild his life when I have not even had explanations about this divorce and his reasons for him to cheat on me .....

"Lena!!" I raise my head to see Dad looking at me with regret and worry. "Are you okay?" he whispers to me trying to capture my attention, "Yeah I'm ok" I return all my attention to my father, I think I will never have any explanations and I too have to rebuild my life and move on. "So what you wanted to talk about?" he turns to me indicating that he is going to mention something important. 

"I'm going to retire and I'm going to announce it tonight... "I understand his reasons, he is getting old and has enough money to never work again. "That's great, finally you will take time for yourself, so you intend to bequeath the company to whom?" he smiles and takes my hand in his.

"To you, you work hard for years and know everything about the company plus you're the only one I trust in this world" I am amazed, I never thought when applying to be an assistant to become the new CEO of one of the richest companies in the world, I jump into his arms and hug him tightly. I thank him dozens of times and he tells me that it is not worth thanking him because as his daughter, the company would be rightfully mine.