Chapter 21

Months passed quickly after the incident between Dante and Pierre and Dante has been insisting on hosting a dinner party ever since

Months passed quickly after the incident between Dante and Pierre and Dante has been insisting on hosting a dinner party ever since. And after almost 5 months this dinner is tonight. 

The sun is setting through the window, I'm already ready dressed in a black dress and a thin cardigan. The girls are at Josh's mom's house, he preferred that they didn't come to dinner. When I step forward to put on my earrings, I feel arms around me pulling me into a comfortable embrace. "Are you ready?"He whispers in my ear and kisses my neck. I whisper in approval sink into his touch and smile stupidly. It's almost our 10th month of relationship and what can I say except that it's the most comfortable and happy relationship I've ever had.

"I have a surprise for you, I hope you'll like it..." he smirks and breaks away from me to go downstairs. I'm a little stressed to know what surprise he has for me, I go down the stairs very slowly and anxiously. I get to the bottom of the stairs and immediately notice the lighting, all the rooms are lit up with I think hundreds of candles and rose petals forming a path from room to room. I follow the rose petals on the floor to the living room where Josh is surrounded by candles and bouquets of flowers. No, I can't believe what he's going to do, he's really going to make his proposal? What am I going to say? We haven't even been dating for a year but I've never felt so good with someone! What do I do... Yes or no?

"Selena.." He pulls me out of my thoughts, he kneels in front of me and I feel the tears start to form in my eyes, I don't know what to say but I know I feel good even more than good with Josh and I think that's what's most important." Selena... I know what you're thinking, the two of us haven't been that long but I'm sure it's you I want today and tomorrow and always...."He anxiously continues to talk. 

"... I... I love you and I know we'd make the stable, united family you've always dreamed of, me, you and the girls, and I... I want this too we together, married, a family so Selena Smith do you want to be my wife?" he looks at me with hope in his eyes and a stressed smile at the corner of his mouth. I've always dreamed of all this since Lilah was born... a stable and united family... A Present, Loving, and Gentle Husband "Yes!" finally, all the stress on his face escapes, he gets up, places the ring on my finger, and takes me in his arms very tightly. We both let tears of joy flow from our eyes, hugging each other.

After several minutes, we finally detach ourselves from each other but look at each other affectionately, a big smile attaching to our faces. "If we stay like this for a long time, we're going to miss the dinner we've already canceled several times." I said softly and his face closed into a calmer, more serious expression "Yes darling and now that we're engaged I'd like you to please give him this, tonight I need to be sure that it's over and that the only thing that connects you to him is Lilah..." and he puts in my hands, the divorce papers that I filled out several months ago but I didn't dare give them to Dante. I nod to Josh, I know I have to do it, turn the page even though I feel deep down that I'm going to destroy any chance of starting a family with Lilah's dad.