Chapter 12

"Hello Mr

"Hello Mr. Hernandez, the last time you requested my services was 6 years ago. What kind of services do you want this time? Detective Coldman walks into the office and sits down on the couch in the corner of the room.

"I want to find out everything there is to know about Selena Hernandez or Selena Smith and I want to check the photos on that flash drive I got 6 years ago, I need to know who to send it to and if the photos are real or not. »I should have had these photos checked years ago but at the time my emotions were taking over everything, I'm pretty sure the photos are real but I need validation from an expert.

"Okay but it's a lot of work. When do you want all this and how much will I be paid? » I'm sure he'll ask me to pay him more for the delay but I need this information before Selena gets back to where she's been hiding all these years.

"I want all the info tonight and I want accurate info this time!" the last time he couldn't find Selena when it's fucking easy to find traces of someone's purchases or flights .

« I want fifty thousand and I'll give you the info tonight or you give me 100 thousand dollars and I'll give you everything this afternoon. » I start laughing because he really thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

"I want the info this afternoon and you'll get 7 thousand no more.I think you forgot who I am Jake, that's your real name right? So Jack if I were you I would start looking for the infos right away. »Just like Luke hours before Jake rushed out of the room.

— — — — —

I spent the last hours waiting impatiently for the detective to arrive, doubting the authenticity of the photos, thinking again and again about Selena.

Just when I was going to eat my lunch at the restaurant around the corner, someone knocked on the door.  « it's open ! » the door opens revealing the person I've been waiting for all morning.

"Umm...I've got everything you asked for Mr. Hernandez" he walks into the room anxiously and settles into a chair across from me. he begins pulling out stacks of documents and his computer on the desk.

"so tell me everything you have"the amount of papers tells me that the news is more complicated than I thought. « Selena smith, 26 years old, married to Dante Hernandez for 7 years but presence of an incomplete divorce file.. » I cut him straight because he just gives me things I've known for a long time .

« I already know all that, I want the info from 6 years ago. »he sighs and searches through the documents he has in his hand.  « Umm.. she traveled from New York to Paris and she's been living there ever since. she made a lot of calls to a certain Stella Williams living here in New York. She has worked for 5 years at 'Durand's entreprises' and she was promoted to Ceo a day ago. »

I try little by little to assimilate all the information because it seems impossible at the moment. "She is very close to her former boss, Marc Durand, he has filed an adoption request still pending for Mrs. Herandez to be his daughter legally. umm.. she has been in a relationship for 2 years with a man called Pierre Leclerc, he was an accountant but was fired for harassment and physical violence on a woman, a client but no complaint was filed. »

Shit ! I don't know why but I feel betrayed, angry and hurt that she has moved on in her life and with a shitty man . I shouldn't be affected by that since I'm engaged to a beautiful model, but my heart and my brain want the person with whom it will be the most complicated and hurtful.

« she bought a house a few hours ago in the upper west side here in New York and Marc Durand sent a message to a partner saying that Selena will stay here to take care of her company. » Strangely I feel more peaceful knowing that she will stay close to me for a while.

« And... and.. she have ... she have a kid , a five-year-old girl named Lilah, she was born shortly after Selena's arrival in Paris, she studies in a French school, her birthday is in 3 days ... here are some pictures... »he passes me the photos of the little girl who could be my child and the colors escape my face when I see the photos of the little girl.

it's the girl with the big hazel eyes and her black hair from the gala, she has my eyes... my eyes... she's my daughter, it's as if my whole world suddenly changes. I have a daughter...I have a child, I've waited for this news every time Selena wanted to tell me something when we were together and now it happened and I missed it all.

I missed every little minute of my daughter's life for 6 years, I missed her first steps, her first words.... and all because of Selena, she stole what could have been the best moments of my life, she lied to me, she hid from me the fact that I had a child, who could do this ? Deprive her child of a father?

I thought she was a bad person but not to this extent, I didn't think she could do such petty things and not regret a minute of it.

"Finally I analyzed the photos on the key and .. they are fake, all photoshopped by professionals surely but I have not been able to identify who did it."

« Out ! » And for the second time, I feel like my world is falling apart again but this time totally...

I think I'm more confused and lost than I've ever been in my life, I'm the one who messed it up, I didn't believe her, it's my fault I missed all her years with my family ... I was horrible to her six years ago, I feel all the guilt and shame welling up inside me. l need her right now , i need my girls with me ...

I don't know what to think, I have to apologize to Selena and beg her to take me back. She's never going to accept I fucked up, I feel like the worst person on earth now, I feel so bad that I left her to take care of our child alone.

I will try everything to fix my mistakes, I want my family by my side and forever this time, I need Selena and I need Lilah and I won't stop until I have my family with me...

———————————————————————————

Hello ! I don't really know how I feel about this chapter but I surprisingly wrote it pretty fast so let me know if you like it or not .