Jewel Of The Season

Mother was preparing us for the entrance of the Queen. Everyone doesn't believe that I am Lady Featheringtons daughter and should be Viscontess Bridgertons daughter. Everyone says that I should be the twin of Daphne but unfortunately I am not. You see my mother made us go through years of training for this. But I was the only daughter who did it perfectly mother said and so she wants to make sure that I get a husband worthy. Mother was tightening Prudence waist while Penelope was telling her to was too tight for her sister. I was the thinnest out of all the Featherington daughters.

We headed to the palace where they gave us our white dresses and feathers. All the girls came over to me gushing about how Daphne and I were the prettiest out of all of them. I walked over to Lady Bridgerton and Daphne and when they saw me their mouths dropped. I looked at them confusingly and Lady Bridgerton said, "You look absolutely beautiful Paris." I bet you will find a husband in no time." I giggled and said, "Why thank you. But I believe the real beauty here is Daphne." Daphne rolled her eyes and said, "What about we say that the both of us of the real beauties here?"

I nodded when they announced that we will be presented before the Queen. That is when Mother came up and said, "Lady Bridgerton will you please walk my daughter up with yours? I have already changed everything I just need you approval. Our daughters are best of friends and I know you see her as your daughter as well." Lady Bridgerton looked at me and Daphne and we do look a lot a like and so she looked at Mother and said, "I would be honored Lady Featherington." Mother looked ecstatic and walked to her children as I stood with Violet and Daphne.

When they announced my sister Prudence fainted since she wasn't used to being that low. Everyone went to her and dragged her away and the Queen was not impressed a bit. Until I heard, "Miss. Bridgerton and Miss. Featherington presented by Lady Viscountess Bridgerton." We walked down to the Queen herself and she seemed surprised by me and smiled then I looked to see Duke Bridgerton in awe of me. As we got to the Queen I bowed better than anyone has seen and the Queen walked up to Daphne and said, "You my dear are the Diamond of the Season." She gave Daphne a kiss on the head and she stood up and walked back to her mother.

Then I see a dress as a hand went under my chin for to look up and I saw the Queen herself. She smiled and said, "You are very much different from your sisters, I presume. More graceful, elegant, and gentle from the time forth you will be known as the Jewel of the season." Then she kissed my head and I back up in shock for that just happened. We walked away to the Bridgertons and Anthony came beside me and said, "Congratulations Miss. Featherington. A husband will be lucky to have you." I blushed for he didn't know that I wished he would be my husband. For I have had a crush on him for years.

 For I have had a crush on him for years

Her Dress