The Ball

Tonight the ball will commence and mama butter up to the Queen the I have the most beautiful voice and to give me a chance. "Mama! But I only sung in front of you and the Bridgertons. I haven't even sung in front of them in years." Mama was getting the most hideous dresses and luckily for me Lady Bridgerton bought me a few dresses so that I would have more of a chance. "Paris, this may be the only way for more suitors to come by since we'll yours sister didn't really make a honorable impression." I looked at mama and said, "I have heard other wise. It seems that my dear sister Phillipa caught the eye of Lord Finches son." Phillipa eyes widened and looked at mama and mama eyes widened as well.

I went to my room so that the maids could help me get ready when mama came in. "You know the written in you heart song that you used to sing when you were just a child. I believe that may be the song to help you." I looked in the mirror to mama and said, "I will see mama. But I am honestly looking for a husband out of love and not looks. I do already have my eyes on a certain suitor but he will never see me as a lady of his dreams." Mama came by and sat down beside me and said, "Maybe the song will change his mind Paris. Trust me darling." I nodded and finish getting ready.

We got into the carriage but mama wanted me to be in a more exquisite one. We got their and men came to my door and helped me out and I walked to mama as we headed inside. We walked down the stairs and I stood to the side and my sisters mingled when I felt a presence beside me. I looked to see Anthony Bridgerton beside and so I said, "Please to be your presence Lord Bridgerton." I heard a chuckle when he said, "I should be saying the to you since you are the Jewel of the Season. You have my congratulations." I smiled and said, "Well, I am very thankful to you."

I see my sister Phillipa dancing with Mr. Finch when Anthony walks in front of me. My heart pounds as he is close to me and says, "May I have this dance?" I smiled and said, "I would be honored Lord Bridgerton." He took me to the dance floor and we danced the night away. When we heard the horns play and we all looked up and saw the Queen as she said, "My people. One of the beautiful girls will be singing for us tonight. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. Miss. Paris Featherington will you please come and sing for us child." I took a breathe and headed up the stairs where the Queen was and started to sing.

After I finished everyone clapped and the Queen came over and said, "You have a voice of an angel my dear child. Many men would be lucky to have you as their bride." I smiled and bowed before the Queen and walked away where I was stopped by Anthony and he said, "I haven't heard your voice in years. You have improved so much Paris." I smiled and raised his hand up to me which I took and he kissed it and then kissed my cheek. Then whispered, "May I ask for a date at the lake tomorrow with yours and your mother permission?" I smiled and looked down and said, "If my mother is ok with it then so am I." He nodded and walked away. 

We got home and I changed into my evening wear when mama came in and said, "You have a date with Viscount Lord Bridgerton tomorrow." I nodded and said, "Very well mama. Goodnight." She closed my door and I headed off to bed and I fell right to sleep.

" She closed my door and I headed off to bed and I fell right to sleep

Her Dress