YandereMercenary/Naib X FemReader PART 2

Once again, another clueless person stepped into the manor.

It was another girl this time, no different than any other I had ever seen. Yet again, everyone, or at least, most people, ran around her and stuck to her like a leech for the first time. For whatever reason, some people were happy to see new faces. Maybe it had to do with isolation from the outside world, I could only assume. Or maybe they enjoyed seeing new people's reactions to the place and new lifestyle. They took a liking to her quickly, needless to say. They really wanted to get to know her and this would happen to every new person, until people got used to them and did not pay much attention to them anymore.

I couldn't care much about the new person, I couldn't really bring myself to make friends with anyone anymore. All I would ever see people as anymore would be comrades, teammates, whatever you call it.

Nothing more.

I had these few people that I had taken a like to, I was not completely the grumpiest person. I still had my fun and found ways to enjoy and communicate with others. I just realized that sometimes, it would be the best to keep some things to myself. Not everything was meant to be shared or known among others. They could mind their own damn business.

Making friends and getting closer to people meant them getting to know you better.
I didn't believe that this was necessarily a good idea, especially in a place like this.

---------------------------

The girl was mute and used a notebook and a pen to communicate. She didn't use sign language to my surprise, but maybe it had to do with the fact that not everyone knows sign language.
She was one of those friendly, social and easy going people. She would glance at me and smile from time to time. She probably thought she could get to know me or get to approach me. As if.
Most of this positivity would die down eventually and she would understand that I'm not truly looking for a chit chat or something, so she would ignore me eventually.

.......

----------------------------

The girl, Y/n, kept following ne almost everywhere, trying to get my attention with her smiles and kind words.
I tried to give her the hint that I did not care about her, but she was too determined and stubborn that she just tried to build talks and all these... lovely things. At first, I tried being rude, but it did not always work, so I chose to ignore her most of the time, though it was not too effective. Sigh... It was getting on my nerves.

It wasn't until she was kind enough to give me some water and an apple during my training session. I told her something that seemed to hurt her feelings, so she chose to leave like that. She tried pretending that it was not a big deal, but I was not stupid.
To make things even more awkward, we were matched together. She seemed to be doing well with the dancer so I left her with Margaretha, or whatever her name is.

Not like Y/n was my responsibility.

I was this close to leaving, if it weren't for my gut warning me. I would have felt terrible if the girl was still out there in danger...

Because everyone would be mad at me for leaving. After all, I am the rescuer.
People were too harsh on me, as they expected me to do all the containing and rescuing. Just imagine how mad they would be if I were to leave just like that without checking for the others.

So, by going back to the map, I came to the conclusion that my gut was right and that Y/n was indeed in danger.

So of course, as expected of me, I saved her and carried her all the way back to the manor, where she was taken care of by the doctor. And after that, he borrowed some flowers from Ganji's little garden and gave them to Y/n... As an apology. That, of course, meant that he visited her.
She just looked adorable in those thin, clean and light covers. Her hair was a bit messy and she looked rather tired.