Fresh start.

It's a normal day in your hometown. You wake up from a nightmare that you were close to death the night before in a shoot out. But something saved you. Something that looked like a skeleton on fire putting it's hand on your shoulder passing all its power into you. You scratch your head wondering why it hurts. But nothing too serious so you don't worry about it. You go through your morning routine and head out to your car. Beautiful sun. Fresh air. Nice day for a swim. But something catches you off guard. You see someone drop to the ground no moving. Blood gushing from her head. You run and call for help. Then you feel a sudden pain on your spine. You fall to the floor but see no blood coming from you back. It hurt for a little bit. But you focus on the woman again and take her to the hospital. 3 hours go by and luckily she made OK but she is in a coma. You stop worrying when her family comes to her worried. So you leave. You go to a waffle house. After ordering you sit there confused as hell wondering why you weren't perelized from that shot. Clueless as to where it came from. But the rest of the say went just fine. As you enter your home you catch a glimpse at the corner of your eye and see a short red headed figure across the street from the door. Curious, you sneak up to the figure without it noticing you. Then you see the figure very clearly and widen you eyes in shock.