Chapter 27: Overhaul

Momo Yaoyorozu was finished with her hero license training for the day. But the day wasn't over for her. She was called in by Nezu to meet him and Vader at his personal quarters.

Momo approaches the quarters and the door opens for her, feeling the cold air brush against her skin. She steps inside to see Nezu sitting on Vader's shoulder, similar as to how he does with Aizawa.

Nezu: Good evening Ms. Yaoyorozu.

Momo: Good evening, principal Nezu.

Nezu: please, have a seat.

Nezu gestures her to have a seat on the couch, and she does so.

Momo: To what pleasure do I owe you two?

Nezu: Vader is planning to open a monastery here at school grounds, for people that wields the same powers as him. And he would like to have a word with you.

Nezu jumps off of Vader and sits on the couch as well.

Vader: I will keep this simple and short, young Yaoyorozu. I'm in need of your assistance.

Momo: I'm all ears, sir.

Vader uses the force his lightsaber floats off of his belt and lays on the black coffee table in front of Momo and Nezu. It begins to deconstruct itself and reveals the two kyber crystals.

Momo is astonished at the sight of the kyber crystals, seeing them with the glow of red in all of its glory.

Momo: It's beautiful. Are these crystals?

Vader: They're kyber crystals. They are force-attuned crystals used to construct lightsabers, such as mine.

Momo: You wish for me to create more of these kyber crystals?

Vader: That is correct. I ask for your assistance by utilizing your quirk to create kyber crystals. I plan to have a very large amount of them for the future when I have students to train for lightsaber combat.

Momo reaches for the crystals and gently picks them up. when she did, she starts to have a feeling of cold and pain, not from her, but from the crystals.

Vader: You don't have to do this if you wish.

Momo: No, it's fine. I'll do it.

Vader explains to Momo about the molecular structure of the kyber crystals as she listens in full detail. She is fascinated by the crystals for how they're connected to the Force. Vader also goes into detail for important components that are required to build a functional lightsaber, which will be another task for her.

Momo puts the kyber crystals back on the table and watches Vader reconstructs his lightsaber.

Vader: Are you ready?

Momo closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath. With her knowledge of the elements of the kyber crystal, she is confident that she can do it.

Momo: I am.

She concentrates with her quirk and attempts to create a kyber crystal. She shows signs of struggle with her attempt, but she pushes on. This goes on for about 30 seconds and her palm begin to glow with energy. Vader can't believe what his eyes are seeing. She successfully creates the kyber crystal.

Vader: Impressive, young Yaoyorozu.

And she looks at the small crystal. What caught everyone's attention is the the small crystal glows with the color of green.

Momo: It's green. Is that normal?

Vader: Perhaps your quirk generates them with random colors.