The Day I Defeated You

Thirteen days went by of constant pain and suffering for Zenitsu. While Kaigaku was having the time of his life tormenting his brother.

"Zenitsu. At this point I think I'll kill you before you can land a hit on me!"

Zenitsu struggled to lift himself off the ground as Kaigaku laughed hysterically at Zenitsu's pain. When Zenitsu finally got up on his knees, Kaigaku kicked him back on the ground. 

"Ok, ok. I'll leave you alone for now. Go ahead and weep for a little while, then I'll start back up." Kaigaku walked back into the house after kicking Zenitsu down once again.

Zenitsu bit his lip trying to hold back the tears. He began to believe Kaigaku's words, that he was a coward who couldn't amount to much other than fertilizer when he's killed by a villain.

Zenitsu felt a hand on his back and flinched. He tensed himself thinking it was Kaigaku ready to continue his so called training, before he heard their voice.

"Zenitsu, my boy. Sit up and drink this." Grandpa helped Zenitsu to sit up and tipped the cup of water into his mouth.

Zenitsu gulped it all down and began to sob even more. The last person he wanted to see him at such a pitiful state was his grandfather. The one who tries to make him courageous more than anyone on Earth.

"Zenitsu. I never really get to say this, but seeing you work so hard moved me. I've been training you since you were five, without really considering how you feel.

You were, no you are, a little child who lost his parents and instead of being given time to mourn or to be loved again, you've trained day and night.

I love you. And I'm proud of you. You're strong. You're brave. You're my grandson."

Grandpa's words caused Zenitsu to begin bawling his eyes out. He never knew how much those words would affect him. Zenitsu thought they were overrated and that their relationship was fine without it.

"I. I. I love you too Gramps!" Zenitsu loudly wailed out. Gramps awkwardly patted Zenitsu's back while trying wipe his own tears fron his face.

"Alright, now stop. I don't like this mushy gushy stuff. Give me that cup back." Zenitsu wiped his tears and stood up as he watched Gramps hobble away.

Kaigaku came outside the house a few minutes later with a smug look on his face. Zenitsu balled his fist together as he got ready to face Kaigaku.

"Woah, little brother. You look like you might actually be able to fight back, but you won't!" Kaigaku bent over in laughter when he noticed Zenitsu's red eyes.

"I will fight back, Kaigaku. And I will beat you!" Zenitsu determinedly shouted at Kaigaku. Kaigaku stopped laughing and his face dropped into a frown.

"You? Beat me? Please." Kaigaku glared at Zenitsu. He tried to strike the ground by Zenitsu only to be dodged. Kaigaku then struck 20 strikes immediately after the other only to be dodged by Zenitsu still.

"You can dodge all you want! But soon enough you'll get tired and when you do I'll burn you to a char." Kaigaku struck more lighting around Zenitsu, but he continued to dodge it.

Zenitsu knew Kaigaku was right. Dodge and running was all Zenitsu did for the past ten days, but he never tried to fight back.

Zenitsu continued to dodge as he thought of his plan of action. He wasn't unconscious like in the Battle Training, so he felt helpless on making a plan. All he had was his super speed. All he could do was overwhelm him.

Overwhelm him. It takes around five seconds for him to gather enough electricity to summon a lightning bolt. Zenitsu knew he had to attack Kaigaku enough times to knock him out before Kaiagku could summon his next lightning bolt.

Unknowingly, Kaigaku continued to summon lightning until Zenitsu found his opening. Zenitsu quickly crouched down and brought his fist in front of his face.

Zenitsu exhaled a shallow breath before dashing forward quickly. He threw out his fist towards Kaigaku causing his head to turn.

'Why is he not down?' Zenitsu worried after not knocking out Kaigaku with one punch. 'One more,' Zenitsu thought frantically. 'One more hit and he's out.'

'One more.'
'One more.'
'One more.'
'One more!'

Kaigaku fell to the ground harshly after Zenitsu's attacks. Zenitsu fell to his knees soon after. He used up a lot of his energy on one move and mentally prepared for to be hit by Kaigaku's lightning. But it never came.

Zenitsu lifted his head to see why Kaigaku didn't finish him off. To his surprise, he saw Kaigaku lying still on the ground. His face was bloody and bruises began to clearly form from Zenitsu's beating.

Zenitsu did not feel worry over his brother's condition. He didn't feel guilty either. All he could do, as relief washed over him, was smile and lay down in the grass.

'I did it. I defeated Kaigaku.' Zenitsu sat up quickly at his realization. Grabbing his head for a second because of the oncoming headache, Zenitsu scrambled to his feet.

He peered down at Kaigaku's still laying figure and laughed. He bent over with laughter, so much that it brought tears to his eyes.

"I defeated you!" Zenitsu shouted out happily between his laughter. He jumped around and pumped his fist in there air.

"I beat you! In six hits!" Zenitsu shouted loudly with his head tilted towards the sky. He continued to laugh and jump around until he felt lightheaded.

"Uh, oh."

Zenitsu passed out.