Chapter 5 - Dat tension tho

Soft music played through my speakers and I closed my eyes. I'm upset, and I can't even put my finger on it. My phone vibrated and I picked it up without looking.

"Hey Dad." I muttered. "I know I'm your daddy, but damn girl." My eyes widened and I looked at the caller ID. "Kat! Oh my goodness, how are you?" She laughed and I just imagined her shaking her head. "I'm alright. I should be back in NYC soon, I'm boarding the plane. I'm just letting you know I'm alive. Did I miss a lot?"

"You didn't, it's only been like five days. Kat. I need to talk to you, like I really miss you." I sighed, "When I wake up you better be here!" She kissed her teeth, "From Germany? You would've thought! Anyways, I just sat down. I'll call you when I get back. I miss you. Also, mom said hi."

Katharina is practically my twin. She went off to Germany over the summer to visit relatives. No matter what I do, Kat always knows. Even before I tell her, she can guess, and she's really cool for that.

"Miss you, too." I frowned, "See you soon, and tell Ms. Beck I said hi." She returned it and I hung up.

I let out a drawn out sigh and went into the kitchen. Mom left food for me, so I heated in the microwave and took it out as soon as it reached one second. Yeah, I'm a dick.

My thoughts went back to Aimee and Min. What did he whisper to her? It was so low that I doubt any of us heard it. I bet he's used to talking to women like that, I wouldn't be surprised.

I headed back into my room and noticed I received a text. Opening, I frowned when I realized it was from Aimee.

'Len, oh my goodness. I'm still extremely dizzy from Master Min. I would call him master any day now. That man has a grip like OMGGG!'

Perfect timing, Aimee.

'That's so funny LOL.' I texted back, 'What did he say to you? :o'

A minute later, my phone buzzed.

'He told me to watch where I'm going, and to be careful.'

Is that so? It seemed a little too intimate for that, he pulled her to his chest!

'That's really cute x) I'm so happy for you.'

'Saaame lmao. I wish we had him every day.'

'Lol right? Anyways, my phone is dying and I have to find my charger. Ttyl.'

'Kk!'

I stared down at my phone, wondering what I accomplished just now. 

--

I jumped on the Q train and inwardly smiled. I'm finally going to be there early enough to get breakfast. After about thirty minutes, I reached my stop. I saw an N train across the platform pull up. Through the door, I saw Master Min.

Never had I seen him in casual attire, and it suited him a lot more than the white and black uniform. The train doors opened and we both stepped off of our trains. He caught my eye and waved at me. I ran up to him and we climbed the stairs in silence. Going through the turnstile and up another set of stairs, I finally decided to break the silence.

"Good morning, Master Min." I said as I looked straight ahead. His head snapped to me, almost as if he was shocked I said something. "Good morning, Len. How are you?" We cut through the park and he put his hands in his pockets. I felt my palms get sweaty and wiped them on my leggings. "I'm fine, Sir. Thank you for asking."

That small exchange of words was so awkward. He scratched the back of his neck and we stood at the stoplight. "Len, you surprise me." I looked at him in confusion, but he only continued, "I expected you to do bad in my class. I apologize for having that impression."