Chapter 6 - He's Mintal (get it mental but his name is Min so he's mintal lmao)

My thoughts roamed freely on the train ride home. Min's words would constantly replay in my mind. I tried to ignore it, but I didn't understand why he would say something so harsh.

I wanted to tell him there was nothing going on between Alaric and I. I wanted him to know there wouldn't be any "love in his Dojang", but how? I only stood there in front of him, practically terrified at how dark his glare was.

I wanted to hide behind something. His predatorily dark eyes didn't make it better. Someone on the train bumped into me and apologized. I responded with a strained smile. My eyes closed as I leaned against the door. The Q was going over the bridge, so the sun would always attack me.

He looked upset, extremely upset. I remember how his unkempt hair fell over his face as he leaned it, his soft hair brushing against my cheek. I remember how my heart throbbed in my chest at how close he was. I'm sure it was acting like that because I was scared. I'm sure. I remember his voice whispering in my ear.

Is this how Aimee felt?

My phone vibrated in my pocket as the train went under. I pulled it out and was tempted to respond, but it wouldn't go through until I reached Prospect Park.

'Hey, you good?'

I stared at the text, all of the scenarios in my head formed from it. If Min were to assume the worst and he kicked us out, what class would we be in? What would he write on my report card? I opened my eyes and saw a vacant seat. When I was going to take it, someone dove for it, causing me to inwardly sigh.

I felt tired. Like, really tired. I thought of ways to respond to Alaric, but my mind would go blank. By the time I reached Prospect Park, I came up with an 'I'm fine'. That's it. I'm fine. I hated how Alaric knew me, it was like he was a male version of Kat.

'Your bum ass can't be fine. Talk to me.'

'Okay, fine, like shit. I'm upset and confused. I don't know, Alaric. I just don't.'

'I have a feeling I know what's up, but I don't want to reveal anything yet.'

'Just tell me.'

'Nah :o But just know that I'll always have your back.'

I stared at his response and my fingers trembled. Is it necessary to even say he'll always have my back? What the hell is going on?!

'Alaric, please tell me.'

'It's too early, I need to analyze more.'

'Bruh, I'm going to roast the shit out of you if you don't tell me. 😒'

'CHILL LOL 😂😂😭 Look, I promise to tell you, but now isn't the time.'

I rolled my eyes and we texted until I got home. After I took a shower, I texted him good night and finished homework.

As both trains pulled up, I once again saw Min. My tiredness didn't help how cranky I was feeling. I felt like risking being late and letting the train go to 34th, but then his eyes met mine. I tried not to frown and got off of the train.

He didn't wave this time.

The train doors opened and I headed for the staircase. My legs glided up each step as I came upon the turnstile and climbed more. I pulled my phone out and checked the time: 7:52.

I expected something.

As I came to the street, Min dodged a car and kept on walking as if he didn't see me. I didn't know why I felt both upset and annoyed, but I really wanted to throw something at him.