Chapter 25 - Light my pubes on fire

"I'm going to kill him." fumed Kat as we sat in the park.

I watched the squad and the Mafia play frisbee. Jamal threw the frisbee at Xiao Ji, but as he jumped to catch it, Liem pushed him out of the way and grabbed it. Xiao Ji instantly started cursing Liem out in Cantonese. Out of nowhere, Jamal pulled out a yellow card and everyone was weak. Why does he even have a yellow card in his pocket?!

"This isn't soccer!" yelled Liem as he threw the frisbee.

"It wasn't his fault." I muttered, "Honestly Kat, what can he do?"

The sun broke through the clouds and filled Chinatown with light. My eyes involuntarily closed as the rays kissed my skin. It felt amazing. Kat didn't respond, so I rested my head on her lap.

"Exactly, you know he can't do anything about it."

"...there is one thing."

I knew just what she was going to say, but she knew none of us were having that. She's been so set on him breaking up with me... I calmed my heart down and smiled. "True, but do you think he would go back?"

Again, she didn't respond. I opened my eyes and stared at her. Kat's pale skin and blonde hair practically glowed. Her icy blue eyes stared off at the boys, occasionally widening when they would throw the frisbee.

I reached up and touched her hair. Her eyes glided from the boys to me, a hint of sadness in them. "Nowadays, I'm starting to understand." I pulled my hand back as I furrowed my eyebrows.

Her lips pulled into a small smile and she shrugged. "I can't say I'm in love with Matt since we're in the honeymoon phase, but I would go the extra mile for him."

A slight breeze washed over the park as she continued, "Ever since you've been with Yejun, a lot has changed. It forced everyone around you to change, even though most of them had no idea. Len, I... I don't take back some of the things I've said, but then again, I do."

Rolling my eyes, I closed them. "You certainly have a way with words." She muttered something in French and left it at that.

After the hard sparring session with Yejun and Yeong Jin, I've been afraid to go back. In fact, I told Ric I'd take like three days off.

But it's been a week so far.

Kat would tell me how they ask for me. She's been going to watch Matt practice about once or twice a week. She also told me how she overheard Ric talkin about Yeong Jin not coming back for a week.

I frowned. It's my fault why his pride was shattered.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Instead, Yeong Jin looked away.

"That bag isn't for me, right?" The pain in his voice made my heart clench. Ric stared at me with sad eyes and shook his head. "If it isn't, give it to the person it's for."

I frowned and took a step forward. "Yeong Jin, I'm s—"

"Stop saying that." My hands clenched the bag as I rushed out of the room.

I never thought I would cause so much emotional distress to people.

"You look dead, fam." Snapping out of my small trance, Jamal's face came into view. I rolled my eyes and sat up.