Yeong Jin

He looked so intimidating.

I always dreamt about sparring the Face Shot Demon, but never had I realized how scary it would actually be. His eyes were wide and alert. Min Yejun was calculating every step I took and I hated it.

When I elbowed his kneecap, I knew everything would go south. The way his face skewered in agony was satisfying, but when his eyes looked back at me, I practically saw my life flash before my eyes.

His eyes are dark, yes. But somehow, just somehow, they became darker. I knew he would somehow get a face shot on me, and when I woke up after, I couldn't be upset.

"You did well." said Ric as he dabbed my face. Everywhere was a little blurry. I blinked hard and sighed.

The ring was empty.

"I didn't." was all I responded with.

"He's a professional Taekwondo mast—"

"And I'm a professional MMA fighter!" I snapped.

Cèdric rubbed ointment on the side of my head. Suddenly, the pain came crashing. I cried out and held my head. I did this to myself, if I didn't ask for a sparring session, this wouldn't have happened. If I told Yejun there were no rules, he would've had more mercy on me.

"I'm a failure." I said through clenched teeth.

"No student of mine is a failure."

I looked over at the French man, grateful he took me under his wing. I always liked fighting, but when I saw Ric fight, I wanted to be as graceful and strong as him. Yes I'm a black belt in Taekwondo, but I barely had any arm strength.

Finally, my vision was back to normal. The sides of his lips pulled up into a small smile as he handed me an ice pack. As I was about to put it on, I heard footsteps.

I looked over and felt my heart constrict. Her eyes stared up at me, a bag of ice in her hands. I narrowed my eyes at it.

"Are you okay?" Still, my eyes were glued to the bag of ice. I know that isn't for me, why is she even here? Does she want to torment me more? There is only so much my heart could take. Yet even after her rejection, I still wanted her. I felt bile rise in my throat. She has to leave. Now.

"That bag isn't for me, right?" Oh fuck, I don't think I could hold it in. I tried to swallow it down, but that made it want to come up even more. "If it isn't, give it to the person it's for."

I knew she was going to say sorry, I've never hated that word more than now. Hearing it constantly come from the person you're in love with is heart breaking.

"Yeong Jin, I'm s—"

"Stop saying that." I said as I tasted it. Finally, she rushed out. I quickly grabbed the bucket and emptied my stomach into it.

Never have I felt so pathetic in my life. Ric patted my back as I coughed up everything I ate today. Everything was gone, but I still would heave over.

My shoulders rested against the ropes as I stared off into space. "You're in love." I closed my eyes and deeply sighed.

"He's all hers..." I whispered. The hurt was registering again. I clenched my chest, the memory of us sharing our first kiss haunting me.

"Take the week off." My eyes shot open. I looked at Ric as if he was crazy. "I'm not taking the week off."

"As your instructor and best friend, take my advice." I hate it when he says that. His hazel eyes softened as he got up and left the ring.

After about five minutes, I composed myself and headed to the men's locker room. I softly pushed it, confused that it didn't budge. As I pushed it again, a loud moan caused me to pause.

Shock quickly seeped in as I pushed my ear to the door. Low moans were enough to make me walk away. Hiro walked past me and pushed the door. "Why is it locked?" I shrugged and went back to the ring.

So they're in there fucking? All this time, I thought Len was a virgin. My heart couldn't stop feeling pain. I held on to the wall and heaved over. Stomach acid burned my throat as it hit the floor with a small 'splat'.

"I loved you..." Tears began to rim my eyes, yet blinking them away didn't help. They constantly slid down my cheeks. I never wanted to experience heart break again, yet here I am.