□ Chapter 6

□  □  □

□  □  □

The tires sliding through the roads made him lay back in a relaxed posture, glancing at the occupants of this monster truck

The tires sliding through the roads made him lay back in a relaxed posture, glancing at the occupants of this monster truck. Remy is in the driver's seat, Sophie next to him. In the middle seat were their two common friends – A boy and a girl with that annoying woman who was the sole reason for his headache.

Luckily on the last seat, it was he and another man who participated equally but wasn't obnoxiously loud was a reason enough for him to feel better unlike the girl sitting in front with her ever-grinning face and that irritating volume box God has fixed in her. Only if he could find a remote control and he could mute her for good.

He pushed her thoughts away and focused on the soft country music filling the silence along with excited chattering.

"This is getting boring." Mathew the man whose French accent was too deep and hard to understand stated in the middle, that they were halfway through the journey with still an hour of driving left. "Remy, man you gotta pull at the next gas station. I'll drive."

"You have got it, buddy,"  Remy said and did as asked in a matter of five minutes. "We have a store here, whoever is hungry can help yourself."

Just as he had guessed, she jumped out and pulled the girl named Jenny with her. Jenny seemed like an introvert, she kept mostly to herself, her shy smiles and never meeting eyes his or anyone's he assumed.

He too got down and breathed into open space, sitting confined in that car and had his muscles strained. He stretched a little before walking to the store, his hands pocketed in his jeans.

He stopped near the glass wall and touched his hair, setting, and finger combing them a little before he fixed his shades and entered pushing the door.

He strolled towards the wafers section, eyes catching sight of spiced potato chips, his fingers caught the pack when another hand grabbed it.

"I got it first" 

"Not her again" He mentally groaned and snapped toward who shot him a look that dared him to not let go. "Why does it has to be you?"

"Leave it, it's mine" She rolled her eyes at him and tried to snatch the packet.