□ Chapter 35

□ □ □

□ □ □

Pulling his hood up, he descended the five floors down

Pulling his hood up, he descended the five floors down. Ditching his security entail, he sneaked out the employee exit and took the back door of the apartment complex.

He grimaced as his bodyguard's brooding face flashed to him, but the urge to sprint free from the constant vigilance and eyes had him break away.

The sun was yet to shine and curb the darkness. The moon twinkled and smirked knowingly toward him, letting its reflection shine and flirt with the ocean.

The waves greeted stones and clapped, waking some and lulling others to sleep as the sun was due any moment.

His steps were slow, leisured, and laid back as he hummed along the melody of air and birds which peaked out of their nests, watching out for the first day of sun.

He breathed into the wisps of the first oxygen of the day, blinking in the tranquility of the place.

This city was termed to never sleep, but none knew that it did.

The time between the ending night and the first rays of morning, was the calmest, waking some and pushing others to sleep.

Unknowingly, he came to a stop. The building made him admonish his brain but more towards his feet who carried him to the apartment complex.

Again.

As if the location was pinned in his brain, automatically being selected and instructions being passed to his cells to carry him here almost every day.

Her place.

It had been days since he last saw her, not that he didn't keep a check on her whereabouts but he couldn't step near and make his presence known to her.

He had his fair share of her sight, the days she stayed in the Hospital when she was discharged, and then the last 4 days that she had stayed in this place she calls home.

He had come and stayed in front of this building almost every day for these days, contemplating the urge to step in and see her himself rather than living with the updates on her.