□⁠ Chapter 28

□⁠ □⁠ □⁠

□⁠ □⁠ □⁠

A secret – a dangerous truth that results in near brutality if uncovered, that is what a secret is and it is a weapon, A deadly one that could kill without endorsing any pain, a tear, or even the expressions but a breath from its Victim

A secret – a dangerous truth that results in near brutality if uncovered, that is what a secret is and it is a weapon, A deadly one that could kill without endorsing any pain, a tear, or even the expressions but a breath from its Victim. A breath of exhaustion. It was a mystery how the entire universe worked together to uncover one such secret, the joint forces, the events, and the people who did and ascertain tasks that would lead to uncovering this piece of truth that could destroy a life.

None gets bothered but the Victim, he or she loses their efforts, and their thoughts, and actions cease to exist once they are silently bestowed with the uncovered secret.

It was poisonous yet liberating.

It was disastrous yet life-changing.

Secrets were an interesting phenomenon that we humans try to protect but end up using against the person we hate- an emotion more powerful than any other.

As Chanakya said, your secrets could destroy you and Vandita finally felt the weight of those words as his lips tilted into a sinister smile.

"See you soon, V." He left the words out with a peal of boisterous laughter.

The face not leaving her sight as the guards dragged him away. They threw him out yet his words and his face were left imprinted in her mind as she felt her skin unusually cold and her fingers shaking as she fisted them.

"V, are you okay?" The voice made sense but it was at a distance, trying to soothe her but how was she telling him she was not?

She hasn't been okay, nothing was alright the moment she stepped into that place that flipped her entire life. She felt like a puppet with strings, walking, talking, and acting without control of her own.

"Hey, calm down. You are shaking." The whisper made her conscious of her surroundings. An arm pulled her against a warm chest and she gave up. Letting his presence hide her until she pieced back her ceased soul.

She was guided to her cabin but no direction made sense to her until she was made to sit and passed a glass of water, she gulped down like a person thirsty in the midst of the Sahara. Someone who had been yearning for water as if their life depended on it.